HKPRO Forums banner

Apparently, I'm old school...

7K views 33 replies 27 participants last post by  Cold_Warrior 
#1 ·
....because I'm starting to love my USP compacts.I have a 9c and 45c, and I doubt I could ask for better carry guns. Man, do they feel right. I do favor the aggressive grips.

After careful consideration (and a few rounds down range), I cannot find a single thing wrong with these guns. Nothing.

I've tried the HK45 and 45c, the P2000 and 2000c, the P30, and still favor my VP9, but these USPs.....

Just about perfect.

#7 ·
That's certainly a crowd pleaser right there! :D I have a USPc 9 that I carry a lot. Also have a stainless 40 & 45. I also carry a USP45 at work with a USPc9 as a backup. But recently I've gotten an Incog Eclipse holster for my P30sk, so I've been trying that out :)

#8 ·
yeh its a 24yr old LE. agency and military proven sidearm, but old school ? i ' m gonna kindly disagree, it's the ONLY school ! the USP is iconic, that statement is shared by many others on this forum as well . when it comes to CCW i want the BEST, for me that's the USPc 45 period . i never leave home without and trust my life with that weapon on my side .

we don't all agree on that "one and only" H&K sidearm, but we do agree that H&K makes some of the finest weapons in history !

"and I doubt I could ask for better carry guns. Man, do they feel right. I do favor the aggressive grips." you hit the nail on the head !

#15 ·
....because I'm starting to love my USP compacts.I have a 9c and 45c, and I doubt I could ask for better carry guns. Man, do they feel right. I do favor the aggressive grips.

After careful consideration (and a few rounds down range), I cannot find a single thing wrong with these guns. Nothing.

I've tried the HK45 and 45c, the P2000 and 2000c, the P30, and still favor my VP9, but these USPs.....

Just about perfect.
Totally agree. Have several HK variants, but if i had to give all up but one, i would keep the USPc. Just something about it. Stylish but bada@@, dependable, easy to conceal but perfect qrip size, etc.
I agree with everything said here.

Attachments

#20 ·
That must make me old school as well! I have been at my LGS and I also am very appreciative of the superior "feel" of the USP compacts in my hand.
With that said, I did purchase the P2000 in 9mm to use as a CCW. Once I get more comfortable with the P2000, the USP C 45 is on my list of next purchases.

#21 ·
I have only two gripes with the USP, one of which being the takedown lever. If you're left handed, firing right handed with index finger pointing forward and middle finger on trigger for close-range non-aimed point shooting, or otherwise applying pressure on it from right to left, it can stop up the firearm during cycling. Not an issue for most users because a thumbs forward grip will apply pressure from left to right (holding it in) and there's nothing applying pressure on the right, but it's still a potential flaw for some use cases.

The magazine release can also pinch your middle finger when reinserting a magazine quickly if you have a high grip and some skin gets into the gap between the mag release lever and the frame.

The newer P30 solves both issues with the redesigned two-part magazine release that rides higher up in the trigger guard and leaves the frame uniform with no pinch points, as well as the redesigned captive/ambi takedown lever.

Also of note is the "universal" rail, which can be a downside for some people or upside for others who dislike the snag points or aesthetics of a picatinny rail. I think the P2000's rail setup is the ideal compromise.

Still love my USP9 and wouldn't give it up for anything, but it's got some older quirks that aren't present in the modern lineup. Also I lied, and maybe I would give it up for a modern re-release of the USP with an ambidextrous captive slide release, P2000-style rail, and P30-style magazine release :p.

#22 ·
I've been carrying a pistol for over 20 years but never a USP Compact until a month ago. I've had a P7, have USPf, Hk45c and plenty of Glocks. I was wanting a VP9 for a while or a P2000 and just could not decide. Settled on a USPc 40 and not looking back. I'm getting another next month. There's always going to be something about each gun you may not like or a few things, but the USPc has less bothersome issues than anything else I've tried for my taste. Built like a tank, accurate, great grip with plenty of texture but not too much, enough capacity. What else do you need? I really really want to like my Hk45C more but the USPc is fantastic. The Hk45C is better when I stick the can on it though. For squirrels 'n such.

#23 ·
I agree, the USP will always be a classic. Especially given its connection to SCOM and other special forces and its modular design and revolutionary design when it first came out. But i do think the P30 is a better design, it just doesn't have that same military connection or revolutionary mark upon its release.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.