HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've owned 2 MKE MP5/MP5K clones and they were quality guns. Never had a jam or any other issues. Used the MKE mags and H&K 30 round mags with no issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Zenith was charging $1700 for these when they were importing them, and they were performing a lot of QC stateside to reject the shoddier examples while doing a good job servicing out-of-spec guns that did ship to customers. Century is charging $2800 for the same guns with less QC and notoriously substandard warranty/repair service. The only extra value they seem to be adding in is that these guns come with tri-lug flash hiders which, credit where it's due, are ~$130 parts.

·
Vendor
557 Posts
Zenith was charging $1700 for these when they were importing them, and they were performing a lot of QC stateside to reject the shoddier examples while doing a good job servicing out-of-spec guns that did ship to customers. Century is charging $2800 for the same guns with less QC and notoriously substandard warranty/repair service. The only extra value they seem to be adding in is that these guns come with tri-lug flash hiders which, credit where it's due, are ~$130 parts.
Where did you get the $2800 price tag. I agree that is a bit much. I have three Zenith guns and after dealing with customer service from both companies, not sure how I feel about buying a CAI gun.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Maybe another good choice for a host to burn up with a sear, much better to do that than destroy a German gun.
That almost sounds like buy a Honda so you won't put mileage on your BMW. Life's short, you bought it, use it. If ROI is the main concern, that's the reason you bought HK, reliability and known history. [Nothing wrong with Honda, love their products]

If someone can afford a sear they can afford HK. I would buy it if HK didn't sell SP5/K.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
That almost sounds like buy a Honda so you won't put mileage on your BMW. Life's short, you bought it, use it. If ROI is the main concern, that's the reason you bought HK, reliability and known history. [Nothing wrong with Honda, love their products]

If someone can afford a sear they can afford HK. I would buy it if HK didn't sell SP5/K.
It's also next to impossible to "burn up" and "destroy" a German MP5 by shooting it. Laughable to suggest that. The AP5 also still has the FA carrier block.

The AP5 is way overpriced, I paid under $1,500 for my old Zenith Z5RS. It retails for SP5 money, which is stupid. I suspect the Century guns will have a higher incidence of QC issues than the Zenith versions but if you get a good one it will be superior to PTR.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Since they will be reselling MKE mags for about fifty, I’d grab a few. But nothing that’s imported by Century for HK money.

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
$2800 might seem like a decent price as long as aholes are gouging SP5s to the tune of another $1k.
If the quality is there these may sell but buyer beware CAI customer service.
I'm thankful I got my POF5 at $1350.

Reactions: Twinsen

·
Registered
94 Posts
LOL.... From the video, "uh, we're still pricing them" and, "we're looking to make them the most affordable one on the market". So, todays the "supposed" release day and they don't know what they are going to charge and, they still claim that they are looking to make them the most affordable option on the market?? On the second claim, unless they can match or beat PTR's pricing, which all indications are they aren't even going to be close, they're spewing BS.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where did you get the $2800 price tag. I agree that is a bit much.
Initial pricing was posted on various dealer sites back in November, to which Atlantic Firearms confirmed the going rate was going to be around $2800ish. Googling UPC 787450668539 gives a lot of different retailer sites (non in stock at the moment) that have the price hovering between $2600-$3000. I suppose time will tell how low dealers are willing to sell these things, but internet gossip right now indicates that dealer pricing is right below $2600.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
IMHO their endeavor in this project was many years too late. They started this project on a damaged reputation which would hurt sales. They really did not seem to think this whole process through well, which is not atypical of them. Once HK released the SP5 and got them in the hands of the public they should have seen that this was nothing, but a money pit and salvage what they could and cut their losses. Good news is when the QC fails and their poor customer support kicks owners of their product to the curb there will be a spike in repair work to be done, I guess.

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
Translation: I hate the laissez-faire free market economy.
Their may be an argument for that. Still doesn't change the validity of my comment about the topic of the thread.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
IMHO their endeavor in this project was many years too late. They started this project on a damaged reputation which would hurt sales. They really did not seem to think this whole process through well, which is not atypical of them. Once HK released the SP5 and got them in the hands of the public they should have seen that this was nothing, but a money pit and salvage what they could and cut their losses. Good news is when the QC fails and their poor customer support kicks owners of their product to the curb there will be a spike in repair work to be done, I guess.
There's the story. MKE's were solid, then slid a bit, but Zenith took care of their customers. Anyone whose been around for even a short time would put no faith in Century's ability to correct any issues.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts