HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone sent their SP5K out for paddle release install yet?

Curious as to how the costs shook out, whether refinishing is required, and any other details you could share.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Find out what Michael's Machines is charging. He's done quite a few already.

Thanks BSOE. He is able to do that without refinishing the entire firearm, correct? (answering your reply below)

·
Priest of the P7
4,810 Posts
I had Mike Otte do mine before he shipped it to me and I think he charged $200 which included all the parts.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
I just sent my SP5K off to Jayson at IGF for paddle and re-marking. I wasn't going to do this right away, but since I sent my Form 1 off with MP5K in the model box, I had to. Once approved, it has to match.

He charges $195 to install the paddle, $110 for paddle and contact piece, $175 for re-stamping and $175 to re-finish the upper.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I just sent my SP5K off to Jayson at IGF for paddle and re-marking. I wasn't going to do this right away, but since I sent my Form 1 off with MP5K in the model box, I had to. Once approved, it has to match.

He charges $195 to install the paddle, $110 for paddle and contact piece, $175 for re-stamping and $175 to re-finish the upper.
What are you going to do when barrels are released? Refinish again?

·
Registered
788 Posts

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
4,933 Posts

$655?? That is too high imo............

·
Registered
246 Posts
Posted on the TSC Facebook page this morning:

"TSC Special Offer ! We now offer the paddle mag installation on the new SP5K with a 24 hour turnaround time. We will supply all parts, and install the paddle mag release for $300.00 plus the cost of return shipping. The original paint is not disturbed. No refinishing, no ugly welds, and no touch up paint needed. Paddle mag installation will be completed and your gun will shipped back to the customer within 24 hours. Walk in customers are welcome ! Call us for all the details! 804-994-9999"

*Edited to reflect FB page, not website.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Posted on the TSC website this morning:

"TSC Special Offer ! We now offer the paddle mag installation on the new SP5K with a 24 hour turnaround time. We will supply all parts, and install the paddle mag release for $300.00 plus the cost of return shipping. The original paint is not disturbed. No refinishing, no ugly welds, and no touch up paint needed. Paddle mag installation will be completed and your gun will shipped back to the customer within 24 hours. Walk in customers are welcome ! Call us for all the details! 804-994-9999"
Where is that? I cannot find it anywhere on the website. TSC Machine ? Services & Pricing

·
Registered
700 Posts
Posted on the TSC Facebook page this morning:

*Edited to reflect FB page, not website.
That picture is of my gun. I dropped it off with Mike at TSC machine the other day for him to work on as well as engrave an ar-15 lower for me. Gun is still there as it is going to get a barrel swap and he is going to redo the model number on the top(I'm hoping I can get a B&T barrel before he is ready to do the rest of the work).

Looking forward to getting it finished(which includes a form 1 so this gun is going to sit in a safe for a while). I've had TSC do my engravings for my sbr's over the years as well as some other various work(he upgraded my ar-10 for me earlier this year as I don't have the tools for it). I'm almost tempted to have him paint this sp5k in the burt bronze he does(he did my sig mpx in it and it looks amazing).

·
Registered
246 Posts
That picture is of my gun. I dropped it off with Mike at TSC machine the other day for him to work on as well as engrave an ar-15 lower for me. Gun is still there as it is going to get a barrel swap and he is going to redo the model number on the top(I'm hoping I can get a B&T barrel before he is ready to do the rest of the work).

Looking forward to getting it finished(which includes a form 1 so this gun is going to sit in a safe for a while). I've had TSC do my engravings for my sbr's over the years as well as some other various work(he upgraded my ar-10 for me earlier this year as I don't have the tools for it). I'm almost tempted to have him paint this sp5k in the burt bronze he does(he did my sig mpx in it and it looks amazing).
Nice! I had Mike engrave the SBR Jeff built for me. Great guy, does really nice work. We are fortunate to have such a great local resource.

I'm in Glen Allen, we should meet up and go shooting sometime.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
700 Posts
Nice! I had Mike engrave the SBR Jeff built for me. Great guy, does really nice work. We are fortunate to have such a great local resource.

I'm in Glen Allen, we should meet up and go shooting sometime.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
If your a member of black creek I'm the one firing the m10 machinegun with lage upper. Actually I'm one of the only ones up there firing title 2 weapons(sbr's, suppressors, etc) there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts