HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if HK was making their AR-15 mags prior to the ban. I still live in a ban state but am putting together a 416 clone.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Not a snowballs chance in hell that the HK 416 or HK AR mags were around in 1994.
You are SOL on that one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You are outta luck on that one. However, I recall very similar mags being made pre 1994. they were steel ar-15 mags with a really black finish. I think they may have been FN mags. These were as nice as the Hk mags.

·
Registered
86 Posts
try original FN FNC mags. They have the same type of finish, and are tough as nails as well. Harder to find though

·
Registered
135 Posts
Original FN FNC mags NIW will cost twice as much as the HK AR-15 mags of today. I have some new in the wrap in my collection and I agree that they are great mags, but I would not part with them for less than $90-$100 each. That seems to be about the market price for them NIW. Used ones can be found some what cheaper. Not an easy item to locate, but they do pop up from time to time on Sturmgewehr. They are definitely preban, as all FN FNC rifles were imported before the AWB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts