HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does H&K still import the G36 series rifles for LEO/Government agencies? Or has it been replaced by the 416/417 series guns?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
AFAIK, yes they still sell them, the 417 is not out and the 416 is more $ than the G36 so there is still a place for them.

the Mp5 is still around even wtih the UMPs out there

·
Vendor
727 Posts
Still being imported as of last month

I concur...the G36 series is still available from HK direct. I had an angency order some recently and they just came in.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,557 Posts
And it is still listed in the current catalog...

·
Registered
285 Posts
hmmm

so would it still be possible to be able to buy a barrel assy. ?say a g36c barrel, op rod and spring if you have a SBR form and stamp (i do)?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MAJ MALFUNCTION,
Did you order it through HK or purchase it through another dealer?

I am in the process of getting my FFL/SOT and would like to know for future reference.

Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
Clyde Armory had some new-in-the-box G36Cs that just came out of bond, so I picked one of them up. If you're looking for new HKs then your best bet is to work with one of HK's "master dealers". They know which flaming hoops you need to jump through to get the weapon you're after (but it usually takes a few months).

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,557 Posts
The Major has it right. It's much more likely to get one through a master dealer or a dealer that has been working with HK for eons. HK makes really good stuff... they just aren't quite down with the whole smooth customer experience, especially if you ain't military waiving a big fat contract thing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
HK Did stop importing the G36

a few years back, but because of the demand, the reinstituted importing them. I think it had more to do with a over seas contract they had and lack of being able to produce enough for the US market. So that is not a false rumor, it is truth.
To my knowledge, HK is not going to replace the G36 with the 416, although that may eventually happen out of necessity for selling the 416 (the G36 is much cheaper, and when agencies are on a budget, it is hard to offer a cheaper alternative and expect them to
As for getting bbl's......GOOD LUCK!!!! The only way to get a bbl is through a parts kit. ATF is the problem there, not HK. When it comes to the other parts, it is possible, but HK does not keep a lot of extra parts on hand, and the ones they do have are generally reserved for agency repairs only.
Just thought I would weigh in on the info I know.
Thanks,
Josh Smith
Clyde Armory

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MAJ MALFUNCTION.....thanks for the feedback and the pictures....sweet looking gun.

Clyde Armory....Josh, thanks for the clarification......hopefully you will still have some G36c's left when all my paperwork comes through....

·
Registered
238 Posts
How many post samples are you allowed to have? If you're a distributor do you need a letter? Is there a good SOT FAQ anywhere? :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
urghhh

I am so Jealous of you right now. Who do I have to take out to get one of these beauties? Oh, thanks Josh for my G36K kit a while back. You made a freind for life here in Nashville. Any C kits laying around lol?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts