HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say I have a USPc and a USPc in SS bothin 9mm. will the slides and frames interchange? or is this not recommended and why ?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem whatsoever. Those parts are made to interchange. People have even done caliber swaps using complete upper assemblies.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Yes the slides and frames will interchange with no problem. . . both guns you mention use the same frame.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
You could even do 9mm to .40 S&W. They both use the same frame. You can't however do 9 or 40 to 45 because the frames are different.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Or easily do 40 to .357 sig with just a barrel swap...Guess you could do 9 to .357 as well...

Anyone know if the 40 mags work with .357? I know Glocks and Sigs do .

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Say I have a USPc and a USPc in SS bothin 9mm. will the slides and frames interchange? or is this not recommended and why ?
Minus the finish, they are both essentially the same exact pistol. Swapping the slides between the two is not a problem, but the million dollar question is... why do this?

...Anyone know if the 40 mags work with .357? I know Glocks and Sigs do .
The .40S&W and .357SIG USPc/P2000 magazines are the same magazine. The only difference I have seen is that the .40S&W magazines come with the extended baseplate, while the .357SIG magazines come with the flat baseplate.

I used my USPc .40S&W and it's magazines with my .357SIG conversion barrel yesterday at the range, works perfect. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all I know this thread is old but I was wondering if the information in this thread was for compact only or if it refers to the full size USP. I currently have a USP 45 and I was wanting to purchase a 40 or 9mm slide and barrel assembly so that it will be a little cheaper to go to the range. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
Hello all I know this thread is old but I was wondering if the information in this thread was for compact only or if it refers to the full size USP. I currently have a USP 45 and I was wanting to purchase a 40 or 9mm slide and barrel assembly so that it will be a little cheaper to go to the range. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help.
You can't use a USPf .40 or 9 slide assembly on the USPf .45 frame. It won't fit. Neither can you use a USPf .45 slide assembly on the USPf .40 or 9 frame.

The USPf 9 and USPf .40 have exactly the same frame, and their slide assemblies interchange. The USPf .45 frame and slide assembly are larger, which is instantly apparent when you pick it up.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Some one didn't read the thread, or they would've already had their answer.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Barrels may be purchased individually, but not so with new slides. Slides come only with a frame (or may be swapped-in by HK to go with a particular frame when the original slide is defective or damaged). If you were to find a used slide without a frame, it would most likely be from a pistol that was a KB from an overcharged round. You really ought to just buy a USP 9mm if you want to shoot cheaper ammo (40 S&W won't save you very much in ammo costs over 45 ACP).

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,215 Posts
Barrels may be purchased individually, but not so with new slides. Slides come only with a frame. If you were to find a used slide without a frame, it would most likely be from a pistol that was a KB from an overcharged round. You really ought to just buy a USP 9mm if you want to shoot cheaper ammo (40 S&W won't save you very much in ammo costs over 45 ACP).
Actually, you can get a new slide. The receiver is the serialized portion that is actually considered the pistol itself and cannot be swapped without creating a new firearm. There have been many cases where a slide was somehow damaged and required replacement.
Swapping slides between calibers though would certainly not be recommended or authorized by HK. For example, the full size USP 9 slide will fit on a full size .40 receiver and vice versa, but there are cut outs on the inside of the USP 9 slide to reduce weight. That weight savings is required to ensure that there is reliable functioning with light and heavy loads of 9mm ammunition. Shooting a .40 slide on a 9mm barrel and with low powered 9mm ammunition could lead to under function of the pistol.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
Actually, you can get a new slide. The receiver is the serialized portion that is actually considered the pistol itself and cannot be swapped without creating a new firearm. There have been many cases where a slide was somehow damaged and required replacement.
Swapping slides between calibers though would certainly not be recommended or authorized by HK. For example, the full size USP 9 slide will fit on a full size .40 receiver and vice versa, but there are cut outs on the inside of the USP 9 slide to reduce weight. That weight savings is required to ensure that there is reliable functioning with light and heavy loads of 9mm ammunition. Shooting a .40 slide on a 9mm barrel and with low powered 9mm ammunition could lead to under function of the pistol.
correct. The only proper way to have a 9/.40 conversion is to have two complete slide assemblies. But that's where the difficulty arises--obtaining a slide as more than just a replacement. I've currently got two complete .40 slide assemblies that are stand-alone. I acquired them here on hkpro over the years and I don't own any USPf .40 weapons. But I do use these .40 slide assemblies to convert my USPf 9 weapons to .40 when I like.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
The slide opening on the 9mm is noticeably smaller than on the .40. .40 Barrel will not fit in the 9mm Slide. The 9mm barrel will fit in a .40 slide, but the muzzle-end of the barrel is gonna bounce around in the larger opening of the .40 slide.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
The slide opening on the 9mm is noticeably smaller than on the .40. .40 Barrel will not fit in the 9mm Slide. The 9mm barrel will fit in a .40 slide, but the muzzle-end of the barrel is gonna bounce around in the larger opening of the .40 slide.
right. It should go without saying that this would be a bad idea.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
What I was trying to say is that you can't just go out and buy a new slide from HK or from an HK distributor. HK will replace a defective slide but will not simply sell you another slide without exchanging it for the defective one. Same holds true for the frame (receiver).

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
. . . The receiver is the serialized portion that is actually considered the pistol itself and cannot be swapped without creating a new firearm. There have been many cases where a slide was somehow damaged and required replacement. . .
HK regularly replaces (on an exchange basis) both slides and/or frames on their pistols, in and out of warranty. What they don't do is sell slides and/or frames individually.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts