HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering getting a new HK45 and I was wondering if the detent plates for switching variants are the same as in the USP series?

I'm a Variant 9 fan myself and just wanted to know if I could readily make an HK45 SAO. Thanks.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I would like to know the answer to this one myself.

I just looked up the Ken Hackathorn article on the HK45/HK45C from the Sept 2006 issue of "Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement" magazine. Mr. Hackathorn stated in the article "A number of parts in the HK45 are interchangeable with other HK USP parts. For example, the full-size HK45 barrel is the same as the full-size USP 45. Trigger parts for the USP Compact 45 will interchange with the HK45".

http://www.vickerstactical.com/articles/GW HK45s.pdf

I sure hope nothing has changed since Mr. Hackathorn wrote the article. I would make converting my future HK45 over to varient nine very easy.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
...the full-size HK45 barrel is the same as the full-size USP 45....
I think that this must be tested before we know for sure.

One guy here in Finland asked directly from the HK Germany:
1) is the frame on P30L the same as it is on the HK45?​

2) does old USP slides go to these frames?​

3) does old USP barrels fit in to the P30L or the HK45?

4) does the Match Trigger Kit fit in to the P30L or the HK45?​

5) does the old USP mags fit in to the P30L or the HK45?​

6) does the Jet funnel fit on these?​
The answer was no on every question. Some of them were obvious of course.

If someone has a chance to test this, please do so and post a report.

Miku

·
Registered
337 Posts
All I know is what I read in Mr. Hackathorn's article. Maybe something changed from when the article was written but that would surprise me.

- At least one member of HKPro has installed an LEM kit in his HK45 with no reported issues.

- We have already been told that some USP mags work fine.

Somebody must own one of each (HK45 & USP 45 Compact & USP 45 full-size) by now. All we need is for them to look for us and settle the matter.

·
Registered
36 Posts
All I know is what I read in Mr. Hackathorn's article. Maybe something changed from when the article was written but that would surprise me.

- At least one member of HKPro has installed an LEM kit in his HK45 with no reported issues.

- We have already been told that some USP mags work fine.

Somebody must own one of each (HK45 & USP 45 Compact & USP 45 full-size) by now. All we need is for them to look for us and settle the matter.
I concur; I have a spare threaded barrel. If it fits, I bet more folks will be interested in an H&K45. I know I would. But if they're not it certainley hasn't dampened the demand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.