HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering getting a new HK45 and I was wondering if the detent plates for switching variants are the same as in the USP series?

I'm a Variant 9 fan myself and just wanted to know if I could readily make an HK45 SAO. Thanks.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I would like to know the answer to this one myself.

I just looked up the Ken Hackathorn article on the HK45/HK45C from the Sept 2006 issue of "Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement" magazine. Mr. Hackathorn stated in the article "A number of parts in the HK45 are interchangeable with other HK USP parts. For example, the full-size HK45 barrel is the same as the full-size USP 45. Trigger parts for the USP Compact 45 will interchange with the HK45".

http://www.vickerstactical.com/articles/GW HK45s.pdf

I sure hope nothing has changed since Mr. Hackathorn wrote the article. I would make converting my future HK45 over to varient nine very easy.

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
... For example, the full-size HK45 barrel is the same as the full-size USP 45...
Interesting! There is the answer for all the people who want a HK45 Tactical NOW and can't wait until next year.
Just buy the gun and then the barrel!

·
Registered
32 Posts
For example, the full-size HK45 barrel is the same as the full-size USP 45. [/b]
I don't have the HK45 (yet) to measure, but all of the specs I've seen on the barrel list it as 4.53" long. The USP 45's is listed as 4.41". It would be nice if they were the same, but H&K's web site specs suggest otherwise ????

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I really doubt the barrels for USP and HK45 are interchangeable.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
...the full-size HK45 barrel is the same as the full-size USP 45....
I think that this must be tested before we know for sure.

One guy here in Finland asked directly from the HK Germany:
1) is the frame on P30L the same as it is on the HK45?​

2) does old USP slides go to these frames?​

3) does old USP barrels fit in to the P30L or the HK45?

4) does the Match Trigger Kit fit in to the P30L or the HK45?​

5) does the old USP mags fit in to the P30L or the HK45?​

6) does the Jet funnel fit on these?​
The answer was no on every question. Some of them were obvious of course.

If someone has a chance to test this, please do so and post a report.

Miku

·
Registered
337 Posts
All I know is what I read in Mr. Hackathorn's article. Maybe something changed from when the article was written but that would surprise me.

- At least one member of HKPro has installed an LEM kit in his HK45 with no reported issues.

- We have already been told that some USP mags work fine.

Somebody must own one of each (HK45 & USP 45 Compact & USP 45 full-size) by now. All we need is for them to look for us and settle the matter.

·
Registered
36 Posts
All I know is what I read in Mr. Hackathorn's article. Maybe something changed from when the article was written but that would surprise me.

- At least one member of HKPro has installed an LEM kit in his HK45 with no reported issues.

- We have already been told that some USP mags work fine.

Somebody must own one of each (HK45 & USP 45 Compact & USP 45 full-size) by now. All we need is for them to look for us and settle the matter.
I concur; I have a spare threaded barrel. If it fits, I bet more folks will be interested in an H&K45. I know I would. But if they're not it certainley hasn't dampened the demand.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just compared a USP V9 detent plate with the one in my HK45. It looks like the HK45 plate is different enough, that they wont interchange. At least not with out modifying the USP plate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts