HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has invited me to start going to the local monthly USPSA matches here in town. It sounds like fun, so I'd like to start. My first choice is to use my HKs in the "production" division. I have a couple of USPc9s with light LEM and HK45c mag releases. As far as I can tell, the LEM kit is fine, because it's all OEM parts for converting the gun to a production configuration you can buy from HK. As for the mag releases, I *think* they are production legal, according to Appendix D4, rule 21.6 (emphasis added):

Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, extractors and ejectors MAY be replaced with OEM or aftermarket parts. Any other components which are externally visible may ONLY be replaced with OEM parts which are offered on the specific model of gun or another approved gun from the same manufacturer except as specifically clarified below. Examples of external components which may only be replaced with OEM parts include (but are not limited to): magazine releases, slide stops, thumb safeties and triggers.
Special Notes/Clarifications:
• Barrels are considered “external parts” and are subject to specific restrictions in 21.4 and associated rulings.
• A factory/OEM magazine release which extends only the length of the magazine release may be used. A magazine release which provides larger surface area (paddles, buttons) may only be used if it is an OEM part available on an approved model of gun.
• Externally-visible parts from “custom shop” guns will only be considered “OEM parts” if the custom-shop gun is on the NROI list of approved Production guns.
So, I *think* it is legal, because the USP Compact is legal, and the HK45c is legal, and the mag release is therefore an OEM part from an approved gun. Is this a correct interpretation of this rule? I'd appreciate any insight you guys can provide.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I didn't even think about the mag release. I have one on my USP I use for USPSA and never even gave it a second thought.

·
Registered
410 Posts
the USPc is great for production. 13 rounds is not much of a disadvantage even for IPSC (15 rds. max) because that still is 2 mag changes in a 32 rd course. the gun behaves even flatter than a fullsize USP IMO, comparing a USP9 to a p2000 - the latter having a similar recoil setup to a USPc. have fun!! joining competition chooting is one of the best decisions ive ever made.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts