HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a MR762 and it will be a while till I put a quality optic on it. During the interim I was wondering if the iron sites that came on my MR556 would be interchangeable so I could at least do some plinking and range time in with my latest HK toy. Yes I assume they will fit but wanted to know if they would be far off the mark from an accuracy perspective.

Also if any other 762 owners have any optic recommendations - I'm all ears. I'm forecasting that I will spend about the same on a good optic set up as I spent on the rifle.

Appreciate your recommendations and advice in advance -

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Physically, they will fit. However, the rear drum is barrel length/caliber specific so after you zero it using the 100 meter setting, the 200-400 meter settings may not match actual POI.

·
Banned
879 Posts
Get the 416/MR556 sights, then get an HK91 sight drum seperatly and switch it out with the 5.56mm rear drum. Find out the distance between HK91 front and rear sights and try to match that distance as close as you can on your MR762 and see how it works.

If you do this, my guess is that the sight base on the MR will be shorter then the 91, so i'd suggest actually verifying zero at either 200 or 300 to have as close of a match on the different drum settings as possible.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greatly appreciate the feedback and taking the time to share. Just looking for a bridge until I narrow down optics.

Thanks again -

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a question reguarding the HK factory BUIS. Can it be used with the fixed factory front sight or does it have to be used with the folding front sight?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts