HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into purchasing a nice rifle for range time and varmint hunting. And I'm not familiar with certain Hk rifles. What Hk rifles are available for us CA civies? Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here's a useful link for California Firearms information.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/

Thank goodness I live in Virginia... Seriously, a 55 page "you can't do this... and stay away from that" novel.

Violent criminals aren't checking these restrictions when they commit their crimes. I'm anti-violence.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Currently I have seen HK 911 and 41 in .308 and HK 43 in .223 being purchased in CA. But they are being Legally purchased without any "assualt-rifle" features. Pinned 10rd magazines or no pistol grip features....etc.
Prices for these rifles are at a premium. Also there are HK USC and SL8 coming in also.
Then you have your clones......

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I wasn't sure about an "approved rifle" list.

I know that we'll have to make the mag undetachable or put in one of those funky non-pistol grips.

Where'd you get yours kobra? I'm looking for a good dealer.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. I wasn't sure about an "approved rifle" list.

I know that we'll have to make the mag undetachable or put in one of those funky non-pistol grips.

Where'd you get yours kobra? I'm looking for a good dealer.
CA Peace Officers/LEO's with Dept Letterhead are exempt from the Assualt rifle and Hi-capacity magazine ban.

Try www.calguns.net you'll get a lot more advise and help on there from dealers and members.
Let me know if you still need help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can also get the HK SR9/T/TC models as well. They were never specifically banned by name like the HK91/93/94 and PSG1s were.

·
Registered
40 Posts
None of the fine Vector or PTR offerings are banned in CA either.

·
Registered
175 Posts
None of the fine Vector or PTR offerings are banned in CA either.
Didn't Ca have a second ban which restricted guns by features? So how does a vector or PTR with a detachable mag and pisol grip get in? Or are these weapons labeled as pistols with no stock? or are these made with a permanent mag?

trying to educate myself. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
625 Posts
You can email or call the FFL guys directly to get the specifications for each type of rifle. Generally speaking, there are pinned mags, no button release when you have pistol grips, some have Monster Man grips (modified pistol grip) with detachable mags, some have thumb hole stocks with a special tool to release the mag.

All are limited to a maximum of 10 round mags. You can buy a thirty round mag for looks on a top loading AR-15, but it will only take 10 rounds. I would not buy one as it draws a lot of attention and for what?

Why we even have .223 rifles that are not evil looking that have detachable 10 round mags, like the Ruger Mini-14. Although, the .223 AR-15 looks very evil so it cannot have a detachable mag, but it can shoot the same round. This is thanks to our CCW carring (for her and her body guard only not the citizens of CA) a strong anti gun activist, "Honorable Senator Barbara Boxer" who knows that an evil looking gun is more deadly than a non evil looking gun, even if they are both the same .223 cartridge.

When there is a will there is a way!

Thank God for term limits.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Didn't Ca have a second ban which restricted guns by features? So how does a vector or PTR with a detachable mag and pisol grip get in? Or are these weapons labeled as pistols with no stock? or are these made with a permanent mag?

trying to educate myself. Thanks in advance.
yes your right our guns are listed by names or features. if the gun is not listed you can either pin the mag with a built button or what ever and have all the features you want pistol grip, folding stock what ever. or you can have a no feature gun with a detachable mag. you are also alowed hi cap mags if you had them before 2000 and have no features on you gun. fixed mags can only be 10 or less no matter what. silly rules I know but the peoples republic of kail thought they were doing something when if fact they did nuttin. I can still have a beta mag sitting right next to my fixed mag AR and if I want plug it in if needed. sure thats a felony once pluged in but if needed who cares. Or if Im a wacko I can still use a beta mag and goto a school. they did nuttin by maki9n these rules.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If I still lived in KA. I would buy one of those Kel Tec rifles which have the detachable mags which store in the butt stock. The forearm folds down for a bipod and the rifle takes AR mags. Thats about the best thing going for the price in KA. I would also buy one of those Springfield Socom rifles. Other than that..its way too much trouble and cost to have something KOOL that complies to KA law. IMO

·
Registered
376 Posts
German HK rifles currently available to CA civilians but must be sold with out the Assault Weapons features.

HK USC 45ACP
HK SL8 223 REM
HK 43 223 REM
HK 41 308 WIN
HK 911 308 WIN
HK SR9 308 WIN

Springfield Armory imported Greece EBO G3/HK 91 civilian rifles; the SAR3 and SAR8. The SAR3 and the SAR8 IMO is just as good in not better than the banned HK 91. I own a SAR8, I get 1" groups @ 100yds with a A3 stock!

...and lots of HK clones Bobcat, Cohaire,PTR, Vector, etc..

I live in northern CA if you need a AW friendly FFL, give me a PM.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I live in California and I have legally purchased and legally brought these rifles into California (I will explain how)..

HK SR9
4 HK USC's (Sold 2)
4 HK SL8's (Sold 2)
2 PTR91's
2 Springfield SAR8's (1 for sale)
2 Vector V93's
1 Portuguese XG3S
1 SL6
1 Sl7

All of these rifles have been purchased, shipped to CA, I have Dros'd them and I have made them California Compliant. I have all of them except the Portuguese, which is in transit.

PM me if you want more info. on how we here in California can legally these wonderful rifles, and shoot them too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Glad to see other Californian HK Fans getting weapon platforms the rest of the free country can get. Too bad we have to jump through so many hoops. I've brought in quite a few MP-5 Clones, AR-15's, G-3 Clones, USC's, and a MSG-90 Clone for me! All are California Compliant, and still fun to take to the range.

Leadthrower

·
Registered
2 Posts
HK california legal rifles

How about the HK630 (223) or HK940 (30-06). Semi auto, old, kind of hard to find, but very reliable and consistent up to 500-600 Yd all day. Price, $1200 to $2000 or so, not cheap, but which HK weapon was ever cheap. They where marketed as sporting rifles and a ten round clip is available. Be prepared to talk about it at the range, either way not a good choice if your English is bad.
The original HK05 scope mount is very expensive but there are alternatives for a scope mount.
However they do look domesticated...civilian.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Currently I have seen HK 911 and 41 in .308 and HK 43 in .223 being purchased in CA. But they are being Legally purchased without any "assualt-rifle" features. Pinned 10rd magazines or no pistol grip features....etc.

Prices for these rifles are at a premium. Also there are HK USC and SL8 coming in also.

Then you have your clones......
What he said...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts