HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I am going to buy a HK45CT and would like to buy a threaded compensator for it to reduce both recoil and muzzle rise. After spending some time searching the internet I could not locate a manufacturer or vendor that makes or sells a threaded compensator with the matching HK45CT 16x1 LH thread. Does anyone out there know of a business that does sell them?

Ken Dunn
Avon, OH

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I doubt you'll find one for the following reasons:

A compensator on a compact pistol defeats the purpose of having a compact pistol in the first place.
Most compensators are marginally effective at best, and in some cases a complete waste of money.
If the 45acp recoils too much, then switching to a smaller caliber would be more effective than a compensator.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
You would be better served doing a suppressor.

A compensator is an addition made to the muzzle end of the firearm. It will add length, weight, and recoil control to the front of the weapon to assist in recoil control and decrease muzzle climb, allowing for faster follow-up shots.

The gases that come out can be redirected to help as well. However this causes several other issue. A compensator usually creates issues in low light situations. It will spit flames like crazy. and most are ported up to help recoil. so it will blind you a little. Also like Jbntx said. A compensator is not all that effective.

the only compensated .45's you will mostly find are 1911's. Which seems redundant due to the beavertails you will find on most of them.

which is also what some do which is barrel porting. But again same issues persist. and who you gonna trust to cut into your barrel.

If you wanna fight recoil. Add a heavy light or laser attachment. That would give you about the same recoil reduction as a extra 4 inch long barrel extension.

If you want the best. You have to go suppressor. It will reduce recoil and flash.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Compensators are generally only effective on higher pressure rounds such as .38 Super, 9x25 Dillon, etc. Recoil is subjective, no offense but you should probably shoot it more often, I find the HK45C has some of the lightest recoil around for a compact .45. It is a little snappy at first, but work on your grip, get as high as you can, hold it like you're giving your arch nemesis a firm handshake while looking him in the eye. Throwing a light or laser on the rail can help a but, but due to the large trigger guard it can be difficult to find one that fits.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You’re right. I should at least buy the gun first before looking for a compensator or suppressor. I do know that H&K built in a recoil suppressor so I am obviously premature. You along with "TheSteelKnight" and “jbntx,” have forced me to rethink the issue. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
You’re right. I should at least buy the gun first before looking for a compensator or suppressor. I do know that H&K built in a recoil suppressor so I am obviously premature. You along with "TheSteelKnight" and “jbntx,” have forced me to rethink the issue. Thanks for the help.
Even more effective than spending money on a compensator or supressor. Buy AMMO. Theres no substitute for good practice and youll have a ton of fun and gain a ton of confidence with the gun.

I have over 9,000 rounds of experience with the USP45 platform. When I first started I wasnt that accurate. Now I would take that handgun over any other handgun on the planet to a gunfight. Of course my MR556A1 would be nice to take along too ;)

Hope this helps. For what it's worth the HK recoil buffer system is NO JOKE. Its not a spring they added for ****s and gigs. That thing WORKS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts