HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we talk about this one more time? I'm not asking the same ol' LEM vs DA/SA. That arguement is irrelevant to me because I'm a hybrid shooter... a new term a coined for people that can accurately shoot LEM and DA/SA :wink:...

So I just want to know if you can do shoot both well? Do you own both and if so which one do you carry... DA/SA or LEM? I still do marginally better shooting DA/SA but after putting 50 rounds through my USP9f LEM and shooting my USPc V1 today for the first time I came to the conclusion that I can shoot both. Like I said DA/SA a little better than LEM.

I could use some advice if you shooters don't mind. I believe the seasoned shooters when they say consistency is key, so I'll probably go to just one trigger variant down the road. I feel more comfortable with DA/SA so that's what I'll probably do but I still want to dig into the potential of this LEM trigger, everyone says it's the best thing since slice bread so if I can really obtain a high level of skill with it then I'll go with LEM. Till then I'll continue to improve my skills on both systems.

(Also I know there are rookie HK shooters out there that have yet to get the chance to shoot the LEM, up until a year ago I was one of those shooters. You have doubts about the DA/SA trigger and here about it's setbacks and you are very curious about the LEM. My 2 cents, the LEM is still a DA trigger pull it's just missing about 10 lbs on the first pull lol. But seriously if you were like me and can shoot DA/SA well then I don't know if you'll really gain much by switching to LEM. I thought I would gain a quicker accurate shot on the first pull and I really haven't gained that with my LEM. I just thought I would speak to the new HK shooters that are like I was, heard about sucky DA/SA triggers and didn't have a LEM within a hundred miles of them to try out.) (Disclaimer: I AM NOT A EXPERIENCED SHOOTER JUST MY OPINION)

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'm very pleased with my V3/V1 HK's. I like a handgun with a hammer.

I've been shooting handguns since 1975-- semi autos and revolvers so I'm not too trigger sensitive. :wink:

·
Registered
40 Posts
i have very little experience and i think i shoot better with DA/SA. i have both types (LEM and DA/SA) but so far both are fine with me. i can shoot decent groups at 15 yards but if i shoot further, then DA/SA is better for me.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I also can shoot any trigger configuration. The lem was and has been my department issue side arm. We just switched to the M&P 40. Off duty, I have carried many guns but for the last 3 years or so have been strong with the P7 configuration 95% of the time. Some times I switch of to my P2000 or a Walther PPK/S. It all depends where I'm going and what I'm going to do.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I myself have often contemplated buying a prius just as a target. Wait, what were we talking about?

I have shot the LEM and I like it but sadly, I am not as proficient with it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Doesn't make a difference to me. I can shoot most guns well. The ones I own I just shoot better. I used to switch between a S&W 637, beretta 92fs, a glock 23 and a Kimber Warrior. Never had a problem shooting them, but knew how to alter my grip to accommodate different designs.

I am mechanically inclined, never really need manuals for things. Take stuff apart that I have never seen before and fix it (then put it back together too). Once you learn HOW to do something... it's all the same. Focus on the fundamentals & similarities and you go a lot further.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doesn't make a difference to me. I can shoot most guns well. The ones I own I just shoot better. I used to switch between a S&W 637, beretta 92fs, a glock 23 and a Kimber Warrior. Never had a problem shooting them, but knew how to alter my grip to accommodate different designs.

I am mechanically inclined, never really need manuals for things. Take stuff apart that I have never seen before and fix it (then put it back together too). Once you learn HOW to do something... it's all the same. Focus on the fundamentals & similarities and you go a lot further.
That's alot of switching.

Even though I do agree that consistency is key, I think it's funny the same guys that preach that are shooting high end 1911's in a video, then are at the range with Glocks, then carry a 38 special in a ankle holster with a Beretta 92fs on the hip. I'm with you, focus on the fundamentals and you'll go alot further.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The key is what is your definition of shooting good. I have had many a gun person tell me how great they shoot, and how many guns they have, etc..... Most of the time I have been very un-impressed when I see them both shoot and how they handle the firearm. Are there people who can run the crap out of multiple platforms. Hell yes. Spend some time on a range with Larry Vickers and you can see a guy who can run the crap out of anything. My training partner stuns me weekly with how well he shoots multiple platforms. I tend to be able to shoot many types of platforms because I have had to teach on so many. I have to actually transition and spend a little time with a platform to carry it confidently. I just switched from a Glock 9mm to a P30 V2 LEM. I have run a case of 9mm through that P30 in the last week and a half just to get dialed in with the P30 and the heavier LEM (it will be getting converted to a TLG LEM set up when I get my P30L V2 in and do both).

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
If you are "good" with DA/SA then you can easily switch to any platform and be proficient. Am I a "hybrid," no. I dislike LEM.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
V3 shooter here!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Wonder how many people who say they shoot DA/SA well actually shoot SA well and DA "ok". I always make sure to shoot at least the first few full mags DA on every shot to warm up and retain that proficiency. Despite that I still keep my HK45 in condition one. My first LEM is in the mail and I have very high hopes for it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't have the speed yet with my DA shot, but I'm getting good(and faster), with it. Since I do a lot of dryfire practice, I'm getting plenty of time with the DA trigger.

Going from my G19 to my P30 I wasn't liking that "first DA pull" for a while and almost just went back to my G19 or convert it to LEM. I stuck it out with a lot(lots and lots and more lots), of dryfire practice have found I like the DA/SA of my P30. Now if only I got the more positive trigger reset of my G19...lol yeah I'm hard to please lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts