HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering a zip code change. I live in a restrictive state that does not allow NFA weapons.
What are the rules and regs for AZ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
896 Posts
All goes. Check out packing.org for more info. But most area's around here are friendly.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yep, unless there are local regs against them you can own silencers and/or MG's.
Where are there local regs prohibiting firearms? I thought we had a state law which prevents such ordinances. I know some CLEOs won't sign for NFA transfers, but a simple trust gets you around that.

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Where are there local regs prohibiting firearms? I thought we had a state law which prevents such ordinances. I know some CLEOs won't sign for NFA transfers, but a simple trust gets you around that.
I didn't say I knew of any just that's how it works in states I have lived in.

As far as AZ have a law that precludes locals from passing more restrictive laws I have no clue. I'm sure the guys at http://www.azcdl.org/ would know.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've never heard of any restriction in AZ other than those that are federal. If anyone lives in an area that has a restriction let me know.
I am curious about CLEO's not signing off on form 4's. I have had no problem, but isn't there a host of options to choose from? Sheriff of your county, Chief of Police of your city, and I think I remember reading that judges had that authority to sign.

·
Registered
367 Posts
AZ is very gun friendly. God bless America!

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

·
Registered
818 Posts
The ONLY gunlaw in Arizona is that no one can pass a law in their local area that would be different than Federal Gunlaws. If it CAN be legal by US law, it's legal here EVERYWHERE in the State. NO LOCAL LAWS ARE ALLOWED.

·
Registered
212 Posts
One of the threats to NFA in AZ is the growing restriction on shooting areas. Consider the National Monument land grabs in the state at the end of the Clintonista period with the mission to ban shooting in these areas. Nice to see the banners being thrown off stride (at least temporarily) with HR 4089.
NRA-ILA | After Passage of "Sportsmen's Heritage Act," BLM Backs Down on Shooting Ban
Hope this continues to keep them at bay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts