HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Phoenix where I went to the SAR show today for the first time. It was just awesome, especially all the NFA stuff in the yellow building at the fairgrounds. I've never been to a show like this where there are actually more guns than anyone knows what to do with! I live in Tucson, and the shows here seem to have more coin, knife, and beef jerky venders than quality firearms so this was a real treat. I was able to feel out the new P30 at a couple tables and it felt fantastic in my hands. This gun really seems as awesome as everyone has been saying about it. My only complaint was the new yellow dot sights. They looked like someone took a brush and dotted on these yellow specks. They stood out, but I didn't care for them personally. I saw quite a few 91's for sale in the $2500 range, a couple 53's, a few MP5k's, pre and post samples MP5's and some individual sear packs around the $13,900 and up. I found Gordon Millers table and he had all kinds of goodies from his website, but didn't have any 30rd 93 mags that I was hunting for unfortunately. I was on the lookout myself for an SP89 but didn't happen to see anything. A real treat was seeing a genuine 416 in the flesh. There was an upper for $3500 but LMO had the whole shebang at their booth and I sure hope these will be a guarantee for us civilians as the word on the street has been. Just fantastic! I actually started getting a slight headache there was so much to see that I haven't experienced at a show of this caliber and I was going from building to building trying to soak it all in! I hope anyone else who attended had as much fun as I did even though it rained all day. No purchases for me today though since I just laid some coin for a 53 and 33k kit recently and momma says I'm tapped out...for now:D

·
Registered
896 Posts
I'll be there as well on Saturday. I'll be in my blackwater 416/417 t-shirt.

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Great show! Picked up the following HK parts: new SL8 mag for $8, HK93 slim handguard for $15 and an HK23E Style Cocking Lever for $5. I am going tomorrow to continue the search.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts