HKPRO Forums banner

Arkansas question

8K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  HK91_deactivated 
#1 ·
I was checking out the Arkansas forum, hoping to find some info....but Gixxer Sixxer is the only one that has posted.....saying there are no posts. So, Gixx, this goes out for you:

I travel to Arkansas several times a year on business. I cover the whole state, but spend most of my time between Van Buren/Fort Smith and Little Rock. I get around the rest of the state, just not as often.
So, wherever you are in Arkansas, if there is a good place to go shooting, please share the info with me. This way, I'll know where to go.

#3 ·
I stayed in Conway on my last visit, I think it was the Holiday Inn...fairly new place. I had dinner at a steakhouse there (don't remember the name) but it was pretty darn tasty. Good food and they had this bacon salad dressing, very good. I almost always stop at the Market Grill for dinner when passing through. Truthfully, for all the grief comedians give it, Arkansas is a really nice state. It's one of my favorite places to travel to.

Keep the range info coming.

#4 ·
I moved here in August from Missouri. Arkansas is the worlds best kept secret for freaking hot women. I'm not kidding.
The range I am talking about is within 20 minutes of Market Place. The steak place you went to was probably Mikes Place. It's one of the nicer resteraunts in Conway.

#7 ·
Places to shoot in Arkansas

The range mentioned at Mayflower is run by the Game & Fish Admin. It's North on Hwy 89 approx 5-6 miles on the left. I live by Russellville but i used to live real close to there. Good clean range ....targets....tape etc.

sandhog

#8 ·
Ranges

If you are in the Little Rock area, you can go to Camp Robinson (National Guard Post). Its a free outdoor range. Just get a pass at the gate (need D.L., insurance, registration) and sign in at the police dept. Its open mon-fri from 3:30 to dark. and all day on the weekends.

G
#9 ·
I live in Austin, next to Cabot, AR. I have my own pistol range (25 yard) in the backyard. I've been reading/lurking quite a bit here on HKpro. I have an early model USP .40 version 7 (DAO) that was owned by Pulaski County Sheriff's Dept.

I only have one HK pistol in my small collection. I've been doing some mods (sights/trigger work) to the gun, with hope that I'll like it a little more. We'll see after a few hundred more rounds.

If you guys ever decide to have a local (central AR) HKpro gathering to send some rounds downrange, send me a PM or e-mail.

A lot of my friends also shoot at Don's Weaponry in North Little Rock. It's only $8 to shoot at the indoor range. We also shoot behind the Remington factory range on I40 (east of North Little Rock). The property we shoot on is private/locked, but the Remington Range might be open to the public or NRA members.

Active duty Air Force/AR Air Guard also have access to ranges on Little Rock AFB. If they don't have a class, they are more than willing to open it up during the week (by appointment). They are quite a bit stricter than Camp Robinson, but it's another option.

Deano

#13 ·
Bryon, you will probably do better to start a new thread titled "Arkansas meet & greet". That way everyone will see it right away when they look at the Arkansas threads. You can even go ahead and set a date, but I would put it out a couple of months since a lot of people don't check the state forums very often and that would give people an opportunity to see it. If you decide to do it, you might pm folks that have already posted in the Arkansas threads to see that thread and then you can start a tally.

If it happens to be set for a time I can schedule an Arkansas trip, I'll join you guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.