HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I want to know if there is a difference between ARMS G3 claw mount and the genuine HK claw mount.

Few people will recall my original thread regarding problems with mounting a genuine claw mount on my PTR-91. I was wondering if the ARMS mount is made to slightly different specs in order to work properly with G3 clones.

All insights are welcomed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
993 Posts
The claw would not go on the PTR91 because the receiver is a tad out of spec as I am sure were told. The mount could have been shaved a bit on the feet to get it to fit properly. The ARMS mounts are not made to a different spec but are not as precise as the HK mounts. I have had ARMS mounts fit and not fit on the same weapon that HK mounts fit perfectly. The ARMS mounts are very well made and in some instances fit perfectly on HKs and clones, just a luck of the draw kind of thing I guess. I would not hesitate to buy one and if it will not fit ok just file the feet a little at a time until it does fit properly. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had both the ARMS and the G3claw fit perfectly fine on both my JLD reciever guns and my FMP reciever guns. I've heard people might have to file the legs on arms mounts a tini bit to get a good fit, but in general I've had 0 problems.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Wow. First I heard of this. Don't tell my PTR91, but the claw mount went right on like it was made for it. Had to remove the little plastic tab that fouled the rear sight/notch, but otherwise it was a perfect fit.

Still is!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ditto blaster. The arms mount fit the 91,93, and mp-5 perfectly for me. Original stanag fit the ptr like a glove.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ditto blaster. The arms mount fit the 91,93, and mp-5 perfectly for me. Original stanag fit the ptr like a glove.
In my experience with claw mounts ARMS and Orginal German... fitting on early PTR91 and HK91 (1976). Interchangeable rock solid mounts. However, using a Orginal German surplus claw mount scope that I changed the cam turret to 5.56mm , tryed to mount on one of my HK93's (1977)... would not mount . The rear flat on top of the receiver has a stop just in front of the rear sight, this was causing interference preventing lockup of the claw mount. This raised stop was not present on my 1982 HK93? And the scope claw mount fit just fine.
I have finally over the years procured scope claw mount combinations for my HK91, 93, and MP5K all calibrated for their respective calibers.
I assume with my experience that there are slight dimensional differences between the mounts for the different weapon platforms?
Perhaps someone with more knowledge of this subject will speak up....

·
Registered
78 Posts
No experience other than an ARMS #1 G3 mount came on my recent 1987 production HK94 acquisition, and fits fine other than is too high to get an accurate cheek weld with the A3 stock. That said, it fits fine with no issues...

M8_G3_Mounted.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts