1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Not a great sign that they are already knocking 500 off the base price. I don't see anyone, even B&T collectors really jumping on these.

·
Descending into HKoholism
810 Posts
Is $2500 a good price for a 5.56 pistol, even if made by B&T?
I am not much in this style of pistols, but it still looks like "drane na zhivo" to me.

·
Premium Member
3,905 Posts
Is $2500 a good price for a 5.56 pistol, even if made by B&T?
I am not much in this style of pistols, but it still looks like "drane na zhivo" to me.
It‘s way overpriced for just a 5.56 pistol, which you can get a decent one for $700 or so, but this isn’t a normal DI AR pistol. It’s a Haenel CR223, which was meant to compete in the tender to replace the G36. It’s sort of similar to the HK416, and it’s a piston gun like the 416, so you really can’t compare it to something like a PSA pistol. That said, I’m not sure how popular this is.

·
Descending into HKoholism
810 Posts
It‘s way overpriced for just a 5.56 pistol, which you can get a decent one for $700 or so, but this isn’t a normal DI AR pistol. It’s a Haenel CR223, which was meant to compete in the tender to replace the G36. It’s sort of similar to the HK416, and it’s a piston gun like the 416, so you really can’t compare it to something like a PSA pistol. That said, I’m not sure how popular this is.
I understand it is with a piston. I do not know how much of an improvement that would be on a pistol - I do not have much experience over there.
As for B&T and PSA - I understand the dramatic difference between the two. Even putting them in the same sentence feels wrong. :)

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
1,713 Posts
Wish it was Mlok however they did get two things great:
1) QD detach
2) rail on top and bottom - where I want them

If you really want to hang something on the side HK has keymod rail on close out at the HK webshop.
Wish BT still had the 45° hand stop.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I hate AU, terrible people. Won't do business with them again. Showed MLOK Handguards, sold Keymod. Cool gun, very quality but won't swap out MLOK accessories for a single Keymod rail, hence why I sold mine.

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
1,713 Posts
….. Cool gun, very quality but won't swap out MLOK accessories for a single Keymod rail, hence why I sold mine.
I think I said this before but I think it bears repeating - Haenel has top & bottom rail. Side rails are not particularly comfortable - hence rail covers by HK, FN & BT.
If you want something on the side (which I do not) just add a keymod rail or two - which happen to be on close out pricing from HK - Primary Arms has them for like $25.
H&K MRS 5 Slot Rail Segment

·
Registered
46 Posts
I hate AU, terrible people. Won't do business with them again. Showed MLOK Handguards, sold Keymod. Cool gun, very quality but won't swap out MLOK accessories for a single Keymod rail, hence why I sold mine.
Though they took care of me later, my issue with them is that they shipped me two uppers in an unpadded box, and as a result they were beat up in transit.

I'm curious as to what their actual cost is on these. They certainly would have been more collectible if Haenel kept the contract.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
For 2500 there are plenty of custom AR companies I would much rather order through at that price point.
Triarc, Radian, Type-A, Cobalt Kinetics to name a few. Seems that haenel and the bt15 are not popular in the us market like HK.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts