HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
"To facilitate racking the side with one hand, the rear sight has a cocking ledge."

Don't we all rack the slide with one hand? What is a "cocking ledge"?

"One of the most desirable features on the HK45CT is its very good accuracy, which in large part is due to a high-temperature rubber O-ring that fits into a groove in the barrel about 0.33 inches from the muzzle."

Wow. I'm glad my $1100 HK45C has that $5.00 (2 cent) o-ring included or it's accuracy, "in large part" would be next to nothing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Good read TooSixy. I found this part interesting:

"Shooting Impressions
The HK45CT performed well with all types of ammunition tested. Accuracy firing, done off a Caldwell rest at 15 yards, was excellent. The average group size was less than 1.5 inches center to center. This pistol seemed to prefer 230-grain loads and the best group was fired using Black Hills’ newly manufactured “red box” 230-grain FMJ, which produced one ragged hole of 0.63 inches and the best average group of 0.91 inches. The Black Hills load also gave significantly higher velocities. Winchester Supreme 230-grain JHP and Federal Personal Defense 185-grain JHP also shot well, with respective average groups of 1.19 and 1.28 inches. Because the sights, grip and single-action trigger were very good, accuracy testing could easily have been done at 20 yards without becoming tedious. Reliability was perfect, with no stoppages or malfunctions of any kind when using five types of ammunition."

I personally haven't tried the Black Hills redbox cause the stuff $44 dollars a box at my local shop! :D

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"To facilitate racking the side with one hand, the rear sight has a cocking ledge."
Don't we all rack the slide with one hand? What is a "cocking ledge"?
That "one hand" is the same one that's holding the gun. :wink:

·
Registered
11 Posts
"One of the most desirable features on the HK45CT is its very good accuracy, which in large part is due to a high-temperature rubber O-ring that fits into a groove in the barrel about 0.33 inches from the muzzle."

Wow. I'm glad my $1100 HK45C has that $5.00 (2 cent) o-ring included or it's accuracy, "in large part" would be next to nothing.
LMAO

·
Registered
111 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but the ledge is this"
Yep. It's infrequently referred to as a "cocking ledge". Many pistols with a substantial rear sight have a "cocking ledge". The shooter pushes the pistol against a rigid or fixed edge (table, door, square post, etc.) When the slide reaches the back limit of its cycle the shooter releases from the fixed object chambering a round.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Police training covers one handed drills. If one arm is non-functional, you can still tactically reload and chamber a round. It is taught to use duty belt, back of boot or any hard surface that would allow the shooter to continue in the fight for life (or lives).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts