HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried to work through the ATF's new worksheet and I'm unsure if this configuration will be considered an SBR by the ATF.

Has anyone done the work of validating whether the ATF will make us register this configuration if the proposed rules go through?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Being a “split-stock” will give it three Section II points as well. If it’s interpreted as a “cuff-type” instead that fails to wrap around the arm, then it gets two Section II points.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Being a “split-stock” will give it three Section II points as well. If it’s interpreted as a “cuff-type” instead that fails to wrap around the arm, then it gets two Section II points.
you don't even need to go any further in that section after you already determine it has 4 points in that section to be classified as shoulder fire design ..........unless you want to rack up more points just for giggles :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
Invest no energy is trying to determine if your brace is legal. Its not according to that.
any and all "braces" now will be illegal according to that worksheet..........and even if a manufacturer makes one that isn't determine to be a shoulder fire design, it's going be so F up looking that it wouldn't be worth spending money to get one............, unless you actually are going to use it as a arm brace, which will be a first for those

I'm just glad I didn't buy one, those things look hokey to begin with

·
Registered
9 Posts
So you've already given up?

Go post a comment voicing your objection to their new proposed classifications instead of asking the internet if your setup will be considered an SBR...as if it's already law. Christ...

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
”I murdered three people, set an apartment building on fire, and held up a bank, what are you in for?” “My arm brace was over by two Section 2 points.”
The arm brace violators will be put in the same place as the 922r violators :D

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I'm surprised braces were even permitted when they first came around.

I understand the pros/cons, but as a purist, I want my stuff to be as close as legally possible, thus the tax stamp.

I know the NFA is unconstitutional, but I think of it as paying the mafia, and avoiding trouble as a result and being able to go enjoy my toy without an enforcer knocking.

A Form 1 is easy, the $200 shouldn't be a big deal, this is an HK forum, not Glock forum. I roll my own finger prints, and do the rest online. Have a local place do the engraving. Not as convenient as slapping the parts together in a naughty fashion without a permission slip, but you probably already did a 4473 to get the receiver, so it's just one more page in the same book of cool stuff.

TL;DR: A $200 fee, a glamour shot of yourself and finger prints and some paperwork will get you something you will be most proud of!

And the arm brace violators will be pretty easy to spot at the range.
No doubt, especially if those who care (and can actually do something about it) are briefed on what to look for.

Years ago I was at a public outdoors shooting range with a fairly heavy police presence. There was a man there shooting an AOW (vertical forward grip on a pistol) and none of them questioned it. Based on my observations of the man, it was not a stamp gun either. Some people like to live dangerously, I suppose! I was harassed a bit based on the outward appearances of my semi auto AK (Yugo M70AB2) and semi SL8-1/G36K. Kinda funny they focused on the man with the legal stuff, with a guy a few feet using a (likely) prohibited piece.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Newbie speaking up.
I checked out the ATF form , Seems like Im screwed with my brace.
I guess coughing up 200 Bucks is the short answer
Dave
PTR M P 5.jpg

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
When is this taking effect? So we should star the process on SBRing our stuff. Plus we have to meet 922 rules WTF serious. Like the criminal is going to go through all this trouble. Nope they are the ones getting away with breaking the law and we are the ones making the ATF rich. What was the estimated sale of braces multiple that times 200 bucks 😲

1 - 20 of 70 Posts