HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my 94p comes in next week. now i been doing reading on this info packed forum and i swore i saw a post that this PISTOL comes with us made parts so i dont have to do 922r. if im wrong, let me kno. i got the 1400 dollar one from hk parts. now on to making it a rifle, where do i go locally to do the SBR paperwork? i live in ft.lauderdale, fl. any one from my way hit me up. thanks guys

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
If you got it from Adam, I'd ask Adam what parts are in it.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
so my 94p comes in next week. now i been doing reading on this info packed forum and i swore i saw a post that this PISTOL comes with us made parts so i dont have to do 922r. if im wrong, let me kno. i got the 1400 dollar one from hk parts. now on to making it a rifle, where do i go locally to do the SBR paperwork? i live in ft.lauderdale, fl. any one from my way hit me up. thanks guys
Slow down. If you paid $1400 and change from HKPARTS.net, then it is not 922r compliant and has zero US parts. Adam however does have a version that is compliant and is already converted to a rifle for $2050. Please be careful in this area and keep reading before adding any stock to that pistol.

Good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone have the most beneficial, low budget parts pack that I can install? i wanna put the surefire tri rail, mp5f retrct stock for sure, and a n aimpoint, maybe eotech. lmk. i read that not to buy stock without atf form but what about preparation for sport usage? where do i get atf form from? who etches the gun? thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Alternately, you could swap out the following parts:

Trigger
Sear
Hammer
Cocking Handle

Add a US forearm, and when your paperwork comes back, a US buttstock and you are compliant.

This would be the cheapest way to go. If you use the lower that was linked above, you can either switch the cocking handle and then use any forearm and buttstock you want, or add a US forearm and rock any stock you want.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good deal. lower and cocking handle it is. but i have no clue on how to install that lower. help with that would be nice

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
can i have the link for the 308 ejector and spring in the ptr pack also? and how do i put this in? theres no how to guide for this stuff anywhere online? and which quality is better, the hk parts one (u.s. made) or scorpion arms pack?

HK / PTR 91 Navy Style Lower Reciever - Welcome to Scorpion Arms: Your Premier Source for PTR-91 Parts and Accessories!

Five parts right there. Swap the ejector and spring in your MKE with the 308 ejector and spring in the PTR pack (which takes all of a minute) and voila.

My trigger pack needed just a small amount of hand fitting on the upper rear area.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
can i have the link for the 308 ejector and spring in the ptr pack also? and how do i put this in? theres no how to guide for this stuff anywhere online? and which quality is better, the hk parts one (u.s. made) or scorpion arms pack?
If you buy that, it includes 5 US made parts towards your 922r count. However that is set up for the .308 round. You need to purchase a 9mm ejector lever.
MP5 Ejector Lever, HK 9mm ejector, HK ejector - HKPARTS.NET

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
OK, let me know if I'm good here...U.S. made PTR 91 navy lower receiver ( does this fit my MKE perfectly and hows the quality of Scorpion Arms?), and a U.S. made cocking handle. This Robertrtg website has same thing but lower price but I don't know the quality of his stuff. Thats 6 parts right there. Any other budget saving, inexpensive, long term, parts to enhance the quality of the gun (like replacing certain crappy parts it came with or parts that anyone has had problems with), let me know. Collapsible stock and forearm are up to me afterwards, correct?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now that I have received the gun (looks weird without parts), I am gunna keep the long barrel for now until I feel like doing SBR. But, my question is, I don't need paperwork for pistol to rifle right, now that I'm keeping the long barrel? Just swap out the 6 parts, get it engraved, then forearm and stock right?

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
First things first, get a US made forearm on it so you can take it to the range without needing a disguise (yes it's real ugly w/o one) - no need for 922r compliance for this addition. Then get another 5 US made parts before converting to a rifle (US Stock does count). No need for engraving with this setup. I am not a lawyer but this does seem to be the overwhelming consensus.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
To clarify, the engraving is required when you make an SBR not when you "make" a rifle out of your 16in bbl pistol.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There are lots of great how-to's both on this site and out there on the net, and you'll find the HK-9X series is a very intuitive little gun after you take it apart a few times. Be warned, the first time you take the lower apart to swap out for 922 parts, take your time and take pictures. The hammer spring assembly is tough at first and will cause some foul language. I also wanted to add my .02 on the 922r thing:

You can get all your compliance parts for just around $200 if you are patient and smart:

US Stock (get a fixed one at first for about $40, many people will tell you the retractable looks cool, but is uncomfortable)
US made Hammer, trigger, sear (from HK Parts for $75--you will also have to get an unpinned hammer shank from RTG for $8)
US made cocking handle (from HK parts $30)
US Forearm (cheap plastic one is around $35, maybe cheaper on for sale forums)

Slap all that together and you have a 922r compliant carbine, no paperwork needed. Also, you can go with MKE or ATI mags, just search for the article on disaasembling and lubing the inside of the mags to prevent possible malfunctions with the korean mags. Now that I've fired mine a few times I don't think I would spend the cash to get HK mags because my MKE's and ATIs function flawlessly after being lubed (with Silicone spray on the interior).
great thing about the MKE is it's a military grade weapon and you can get it dirty. I'm still looking for a top-end rail for less than $120, might have to do a little cutting to get one of the lower priced ones to work, and use loc-tite. Unless you're going to war with this, get a nice clone sight and hit the range!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts