HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wish I could say the same! lol I have the fullsize MKE so I thought I was prepared for anything when it arrived. The MKE K makes my SW5K look like a work of art. But I guess if I overlook: the off center scope tab, the nice looking run down the right side, the tiny air bubbles in the paint (good news is the tiny air bubbles are only on the right side), the BIG air bubbles that popped/broke exposing the nice clean metal underneath, the weld thats making the mag well REALLY tight and putting a nice scrap on the mags, the plastic end cap that appears to have been shaved (the metal one had to be "tapped" with a mallet...will attempt again tonight to get it off), and the two oblong pin holes on the receiver...it would be a nice a gun.

Sorry for crappin on your thread...I'm sure it'll be nice once it gets back from the doctor

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wish I could say the same! lol I have the fullsize MKE so I thought I was prepared for anything when it arrived. The MKE K makes my SW5K look like a work of art. But I guess if I overlook: the off center scope tab, the nice looking run down the right side, the tiny air bubbles in the paint (good news is the tiny air bubbles are only on the right side), the BIG air bubbles that popped/broke exposing the nice clean metal underneath, the weld thats making the mag well REALLY tight and putting a nice scrap on the mags, the plastic end cap that appears to have been shaved (the metal one had to be "tapped" with a mallet...will attempt again tonight to get it off), and the two oblong pin holes on the receiver...it would be a nice a gun.

Sorry for crappin on your thread...I'm sure it'll be nice once it gets back from the doctor
Wow, major buzz kill! I'll give you $100 for the obviously flawed MKE.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Thanks to Cyfer for turning me on to this MP-5 View attachment 7693 K clone.
Congrats! MKE's are good guns. If you aren't looking for a sear-host, these are the guns to buy for the money.

Got your message. I will be a short while but send it my way, I'll do a number on it ;)

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
I will make this brief as I do not want to take from the intent of this thread which is to share his new firearm.

This is and always will be grey-area without a ruling from the ATF. Many people have indicated they have written letters to the ATF yet no one has been able to produce a copy. Even still, written correspondence from the ATF applies only to the person addressed on the correspondence unless written law is cited in the letter. Mike and I have discussed this in the past and we simply agree to disagree. The only way that I personally see the block being legally removed is if your marry a registered transferrable to sear to it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MKE MP5K

I shot it this afternoon at 15 yards, wish I'd taken a pic of the target. It's accurate!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Congrats on the K. I have one also and have already sent the form 1 off to the $200 tax collector. It is accurate and fun. I just can't wait to put a stock an foregrip on it. If you want barrel work done (threading/3-lug) without having to pull it, send it to Curtis @ S&H Arms.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Joe did a really nice job on my MKE 94k. It is even better as a SBR. Thanks again Joe.

Youre welcome, and Thank You too! I've got the coin on display along with my M27 coin and I FINALLY got one of the boonie hats back from my son, lol.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SBR or Not?

I'm trying to decide whether to SBR my MKE94K or my MKE94a2. I have replaced the sear,hammer,trigger,lower,forearm and trying to find a US made A2 stock for the 94A2.I kind of like the 94K as is. I guess I'll send the Form 1 in by the end of the week and I'll have decided by then.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm trying to decide whether to SBR my MKE94K or my MKE94a2. I have replaced the sear,hammer,trigger,lower,forearm and trying to find a US made A2 stock for the 94A2.I kind of like the 94K as is. I guess I'll send the Form 1 in by the end of the week and I'll have decided by then.
I'd SBR them both. But if I were to choose which one to do first I would start with the K. At least you can shoot the full size with the stock and 16" barrel but you really need a stock for the K (shooting with a sling helps but still kind of cumbersome.)

·
Registered
339 Posts
BTW, it might not be as pretty as a rebarrel and refinish by Chop but I am happy with the work S&H Arms did on my AT94-K. 3-lug barrel extension and remark to MP5K at a reasonable price and quick turnaround. Here are some pics:

Here it is with the Gemtech Multimount suppressor (the reason I got the 3-lug extension in the first place.)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts