HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mine came in today. The holes did not line up for me. I had luck fitting it all together with a PTR lower that I had to trim a bit.

Took about 1 hr of labor and it fitted as tight as a drum. No movement at all.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Webster defines it like this:

Definition of ENABLER
: one that enables another to achieve an end; especially
: one who enables another to persist in self-destructive behavior (as substance abuse) by providing excuses or by helping that individual avoid the consequences of such behavior

You guys are not helping me here. More money down the HK hole...

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Eh suck it up lumbergh. This website has put us all in the same boat!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it's a good stock. I'll dig my German stock to compare it to in the morning but so far the operation seems the same to me. It's pretty sturdy too. When the holes didn't line up I banged it pretty good on the butt to get it to line up. No damage at all.

I'm going to try to get it to the range asap to make sure my surgery was successful.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
The issue people are finding with the holes not lining up is NOT the stock. I have fitted one to both an HK94 and an MP5/10 and the stock does on just fine and the push-pin goes throug easily. The "bump" you have to give the back of the stock to get all the way on is caused by the receiver not being properly formed and thus the "donut" found in the backs of A3 stocks do not slide into the tail of the receviers.

To be fair, I have only had one of these stocks pass through my hands so I can not comment on consistency, only based on the one stock I have here.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
The issue people are finding with the holes not lining up is NOT the stock. I have fitted one to both an HK94 and an MP5/10 and the stock does on just fine and the push-pin goes throug easily. The "bump" you have to give the back of the stock to get all the way on is caused by the receiver not being properly formed and thus the "donut" found in the backs of A3 stocks do not slide into the tail of the receviers.

To be fair, I have only had one of these stocks pass through my hands so I can not comment on consistency, only based on the one stock I have here.
Same results here. Fit perfect on my HK94, but tight on the CA89. Still need to try it on my 5-10.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Nice to hear that everyone likes them. I was about to buy one and then happened to find a mint german F stock on GB for a reasonable "buy now" so I jumped on it. I still might buy one anyway to use. Does anyone here own a real one that they can compare it to?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took it to the range today after my mods. 100% function with 150 rounds of Remington 115 gr FMJ and about 50 assorted old HP ammo I had lying around. So far so good and no complaints at all with the gun or stock. For the money you can't go wrong with the stock.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Nice to hear that everyone likes them. I was about to buy one and then happened to find a mint german F stock on GB for a reasonable "buy now" so I jumped on it. I still might buy one anyway to use. Does anyone here own a real one that they can compare it to?
I have both and I've had SW and POF stocks as well. The ATI is very close to HK but still not quite there. No wobble and solid lockup but my forks were pitted and the fit was tighter than my HK so it was harder to install. The ATI does make the SW and contract stocks look like junk.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Any idea if this stock will work on a SW5 with a cast receiver?
Depends on the type of cast receiver. Some were thinner material than others. The heavy duty ones were too thick to allow the rails to retract. I have one of those.

Some have said that you can modify the rail slots on the receiver but that isn't something I'd care to mess with. So I just use a B&T folder on my CR SW5.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Depends on the type of cast receiver. Some were thinner material than others. The heavy duty ones were too thick to allow the rails to retract. I have one of those.

Some have said that you can modify the rail slots on the receiver but that isn't something I'd care to mess with. So I just use a B&T folder on my CR SW5.
Kind of what I thought, thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Got my stock last week from Adam @ HK Parts. I have a Vector .40 (SBR). My stock went on easy and used my orginal stock pin with no problems. I now have a older HK "IO" factory slider that I need to get rid of now.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Damn... the quality is really good for the price.
No wobble at all and only difference I could tell from my previous German F stock was probably the finish.

If I really wanted to add, the action seems a little smoother on German F stock but not much.
Also, when you retrieve the stock, German stock lock up more positively.

The quality is much better than POF stock... I love this stock so much I brought the second unit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts