HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting tired of the look of the home page. Anyone interested in designing a new home page for HKPRO that contains my desired essential elements of a large photo that changes from time to time, as well as HKPRO news and the elements of the buttons?

I'd like to redesign the whole site, but the way I originally did it is all manual, and there's no template. So, lots of tedious work to do, that I probably would hold off on for a while. So I am mainly interested in a new home page.

Want to retain the HK black and red motif as well as the HKPRO logo and the HK logo.

If anyone's interested, I would love to see your submissions.

If you do one I like, I'll let you shoot my G11.

:D

·
Registered
101 Posts
If I got to shoot a G11, I'd go to web design classes just for this!

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you do one I like, I'll let you shoot my G11.

:D
sweet, i want to shoot a 40watt range plasma rifle. :43:

ive done alot of HTML, did a webpage for United Way a couple years back, but my work is extremely hectic up until about Feb. i can maybe try to put somthing together around that time if you havnt already came up with one.

do you really have one of those crazy space guns?

·
Registered
634 Posts
HK, I'll take a shot at it. I have all next week off from work so I'll see what I can do for you. Maybe you can help find some parts I need. But in any case, I'd love to help HKPRO.com out.

Tom Torres
Creative Director

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
You got a G11?
I fired one 18 years ago while I was in the BW.
Today it would be very hard to get ammo for it!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've done a bit of webdesign in my time, I'll give it a crack!

·
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You got a G11?
I fired one 18 years ago while I was in the BW.
Today it would be very hard to get ammo for it!!
I was just kidding about the G11. I do have some live rounds for it though.

:)

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
It's a pitty, that HK scratched the G11 project.
It would have make a great civilian rifle. That gun shoot hole in hole on 300 Meters.
However, dangerus when shooting it hot. I witnessed myself a cookoff.
That was after +200 rounds full auto. So nothing you would find in civilian shooting!

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Thanks Tom!!! Always, you are constantly looking for ways to make this the great site, on the web, that it is!!!

I really appreciate that!!! Thanks for all the hard work you do!!! :D TJ

·
Registered
864 Posts
I used to own a design company. Im pretty good at doing artwork and graphics, but my partner did the technical assembly...that being said, I can do templates if necessary, but I believe I would best serve the cause if I assisted someone with artwork so if anyone wants a lab partner, feel free to hit me up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try the Joomla! CMS

I'd like to redesign the whole site, but the way I originally did it is all manual, and there's no template. So, lots of tedious work to do, that I probably would hold off on for a while. So I am mainly interested in a new home page.
Your best bet would be to design a new site in something like Joomla! it is an award winning Content Management System for sites like this. You do not have to do all the back-end programming manually, just login as an Admin and create new articles, add images, extensions, etc. You can even continue to use vBulletin. There are so many templates to choose from and if you cannot find a black & red one, there is always the ability to create one yourself or have a custom template designed especially for you. I'm looking forward to a new site. Enjoy a safe and happy holiday season!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Well there are a hundred mediums that can be set up to be pretty user friendly and, to be honest, even almost all custom templates can be created in way that just a little tutoring would familiarize yourself with the setup with relative comfort. Like I said, if anyone would like some help, feel free to let me know.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Well spent Christmas day :D ...

Not exactly what Tom wanted but it kept me from boring to death.
My wive is at work and I had all day to myself...

http://koti.mbnet.fi/hkpro/

Feel free to comment. Ideas or parts of the site can be used to work with the HKPRO- site project.

Miku

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Well spent Christmas day :D ...

Not exactly what Tom wanted but it kept me from boring to death.
My wive is at work and I had all day to myself...

http://koti.mbnet.fi/hkpro/

Feel free to comment. Ideas or parts of the site can be used to work with the HKPRO- site project.

Miku
Not too bad. Mabey i'd try to hide the boxes that the objects are in, and mabey a couple sub boxes for news & images, and other stuffs, but i think the layout is nice!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Some late night effort

Up a little late and stumbled across this post. Then I got sucked in. These are just images. Both of these I can make into an HTML document with style sheets if wanted. Just felt it wasn't necessary to code these since a design needs to be chosen first.

Something traditional

A twist on things

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Hi,
I did think of leaving the table outlines invisible but it did not fit with the header picture that way. I could modify the picture so that it doesn´t look poor without the cell.

Lackey,

I like the first, traditional one. Nice!

Miku

·
Registered
19 Posts
Man Automator thats clean. I was thinking the same thing about using the Icon for the bullets, but thought of using it in a little different way. Any word on likes and dislikes or direction from the judge(s)? Just curious :)

That mouseOver icon was pretty tricky. Had to borrow it :p

·
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very cool guys, keep them coming!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts