HKPRO Forums banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Haha... I predict you'll have some competition, despite your asking nicely. :biggrin:
Yup....you called it. Some ass hat took MY gun.

Sucks when you have to work past an auction time.

Oh well.....it went to a GREAT cause, even though I'm in the fetal position, crying uncontrollably.

PLEASE tell me you have more stuff going up for auction!!!!!!! @brn2xl

OH.....and no...…...my wife had NO idea I was bidding from my "private funds" :biggrin:

Congrats to the buyer......well not really.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Yup....you called it. Some ass hat took MY gun.

Sucks when you have to work past an auction time.

Oh well.....it went to a GREAT cause, even though I'm in the fetal position, crying uncontrollably.

PLEASE tell me you have more stuff going up for auction!!!!!!! @brn2xl

OH.....and no...…...my wife had NO idea I was bidding from my "private funds" :biggrin:

Congrats to the buyer......well not really.
You were outbid by the equivalent of sales tax.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
You were outbid by the equivalent of sales tax.
Wow @SudS …….that makes me feel so much better <sarcasm so thick you couldn't cut it with a chainsaw> :biggrin:

I mean......why not just rub salt in my wounds? :wink:

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Wow @SudS …….that makes me feel so much better <sarcasm so thick you couldn't cut it with a chainsaw> :biggrin:

I mean......why not just rub salt in my wounds? :wink:
You couldn’t have squeezed out a higher bid? Factory cutaway...

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,548 Posts
I was in the action at the beginning. I thought it was going to go for $5k-ish, given the rarity and provenance, which was beyond my willingness, so I did not even check on the auction. I would have stayed in it if I though it was going to sell in the 3's... <sigh>

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Thank you to all who participated in the auction!
Together we raised $13,000 for Boulder Crest and honored Jim in a way he would appreciate.

Nicely done!! :3000000::3000000::3000000:

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
You couldn’t have squeezed out a higher bid? Factory cutaway...
Yeah......if tax day wasn't in 3 days, we'd be having a whole different conversation.

I mean someone <me> has to pay for this "sit at home, get paid for doing nothing" package.....and "claim" they can't get work, while I beg people to show up.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Thank you to all who participated in the auction!
Together we raised $13,000 for Boulder Crest and honored Jim in a way he would appreciate.

Nicely done!! :3000000::3000000::3000000:
Thank you for organizing this to honor Jim.

Hopefully there will be more auctions to come :)

·
11,548 Posts
I may have helped increase the donation in order to get something special...

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Rob, the HK shirt arrived today - very pleased I was able to participate in the auction to honor Jim and for such a great cause.

Thanks again for all your time and effort in putting this together.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Received the European HK jacket today. Thanks for making this unique item available for auction to benefit Boulder Crest. My daughter in law is going to love it. It will be something HK specific for her that my son doesn't already have one of.

Same time next year?

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Received the European HK jacket today. Thanks for making this unique item available for auction to benefit Boulder Crest... Same time next year?
Thank you for participating in the auction and helping to raise funds for Boulder Crest!

If there is interest and support amongst the HKPro community, I'd like to do it as an annual fund raiser. If you all have thoughts regarding how to improve the effort, share them. If you have items you'd consider donating, let me know.

·
11,548 Posts
I think that having additional auctions (or similar) to provide regular support to Boulder Crest would be something that would make Jim very proud. Assuming that the pandemic eventually lets go... I also think that it would be cool to do an in-person thing. I understand that attendance would be limited. I could offer a discreet, private range facility in Virginia for a little pew pew & Q. And with enough lead time I might be able to talk HK into allowing a small group to tour the Gray Room.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
I think that having additional auctions (or similar) to provide regular support to Boulder Crest would be something that would make Jim very proud. Assuming that the pandemic eventually lets go... I also think that it would be cool to do an in-person thing. I understand that attendance would be limited. I could offer a discreet, private range facility in Virginia for a little pew pew & Q. And with enough lead time I might be able to talk HK into allowing a small group to tour the Gray Room.
There you go, cracking open that door again. Reminds me of that very first post you made asking for support for a fundraiser for Boulder Crest back, what some time in 2013?

·
11,548 Posts
I've helped out BC quite a bit over the years. And I really would like to figure out a way, pandemic or not, to do an in person thing in NoVa.

Reactions: Brad4065

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
I've helped out BC quite a bit over the years. And I really would like to figure out a way, pandemic or not, to do an in person thing in NoVa.
You've got my vote. Just tell me where to sign up.

ESPECIALLY if it gets another visit to "the room" and it helps out BC.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
You've got my vote. Just tell me where to sign up.

ESPECIALLY if it gets another visit to "the room" and it helps out BC.
From another thread, sounds like they are packing it up to move to GA... .

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
This is what I have heard as well........im in for a GA visit, time to make @SudS travel a few miles not fair for him to roll outta bed 5minutes before having to be there :biggrin:
The guys who travel stay in a hotel walking distance from HK. You ever driven in Northern VA traffic? A good day is a little over an hours drive; and HK doesn’t even offer donuts when I get there.

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
The guys who travel stay in a hotel walking distance from HK. You ever driven in Northern VA traffic? A good day is a little over an hours drive; and HK doesn’t even offer donuts when I get there.
cause they know u would eat them all and leave none for the rest of the group

41 - 60 of 63 Posts