HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,I posted over on the FN-FAL Files and a poster refered me to this sight, for maybe some better info.....

Can someone give me a clue on this rifle, and if I should purchase it, or will I be better off to pass on it due to compliance issues?

Thanks for any info!

Ty

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Depends on how much they want. If the price is good, jump on it because these are as good as an HK IMHO. These are contract mfg'ed guns. In the last picture, the top gun has the correct grip frame and incorrect forearm, pg and buttstock as imported. The bottom gun has an incorrect grip frame. These guns came in preban configuration and could be left that way because they were in country when the ban started but they had to be in original factory configuration meaning, they should look like the bottom gun (tropical forearm) with the top guns grip frame (parkerized) and both should have threaded muzzles with the correct G3 type flash hider. There are hundreds this way. Some will say they are post ban but I have seen many this way and in fact Springfield Armory sold their G3's that came with thumbhole stocks with preban furniture as a kit until ATF requested they cease and desist. Never a problem with the XG3S. The G3S are true preban guns and the XG3S are kind of in between pre and post ban. the XG3S with the thumbhole stock and tacked on muzzle brake are post ban. If you configure it to look like an HK G3 then 922 would apply but it can be reconfigured to it's original state if so desired. Besides, 922 is a construction violation not a possession offense.
Here is my FMP .

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
In other words, if the gun is a postban gun, but already has a pistol grip & no US parts, you don't have to add any US parts because you got it that way & didn't make the conversion from thumbhole buttstock to pistol grip. The 922 regs only apply to people who actually import, or convert the guns. Not people who buy them that way. They are great guns by the way. GARY N4KVE

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had a Pars XG3S that came just like your photo. I changed the forarm to a wide green, added a 21 Butt pad, and a heavy buffer. It was a great rifle. In a fit of stupidity, I sold it to someone who weeks later sold it and bought a rusted HK dug up (really) from the ban panic yard burying. Buy the G3. You will be happy. My SAR 3/8 looks like US P's but with the 1.5-6 Schmidt and a SG1 stock. Another nice rifle as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts