HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm curious what others experience is in regards to what your break-in period was for any/all of your MP5/K variants/clones/copies.

My MKE Z-5RS was about 300-400 rounds probably before I stopped seeing occasional jams.

I was reading about someone with a SP5K having jamming issues with a new gun and I couldn't find any discussion about average break-in period, so I thought I would start a thread.

Reply with the make/model of your gun, and now many rounds you ran through it before you stopped seeing occasional jams. No rumors please, only reply if you have direct personal experience with a brand new gun.

·
Banned
354 Posts
I just can't see shooting crap ammo through such an expensive firearm, particularly when good quality brass commercially loaded 9mm is so easily and readily available. But that's just me, I guess.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Around a 100 on my 51 before it stopped jamming.

My DT34 and my DJ 89SD ran right out of the box without an issue.

Zero issues on my Ghillebear builds also. (93 and a 33K)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Since you're asking for HK and clones: SP5K, zero break-in. Fired it with the factory light oil for 300 rounds, cleaned it and lubed with CLP, and another 600-700 rnds later, and several cleanings, not a single failure of any kind. This is running mostly 3RB and a few mag dumps along the way. MM welded HK bolt carrier ramped for sear operation and factory SP5K barrel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts