HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to pick up a used but very good condition MGW 312 for $150 on eBay. I was a little apprehensive as I had recently gone a cheaper route and tried one of the numerous types made from a piece of thick square steel tubing. It was obvious as soon as I received it that it was not going to work without a lot of trouble so I sent it back. Had I been dealing with a lesser quality handgun, I might have pursued it but it wasn't worth it to me. I could see right off the bat however that the MGW 312 was very well made and the concept was much more conducive to safe sight work than the other style that clamps on the sides of the slide. This tool was made for most HK semi auto pistols and the bottom clamp picks up on the slide rails and pulls the slide tight against the bottom of the tool. Nothing touches the side of the slide. The pusher is exactly the right height and picks up on the sights exactly where it should. I had both of my HK45's. FS and compact done in about 45 minutes. Most of the time was spent in fitting. I didn't install the rear sights as I didn't like the the ones I had purchased due to them being much more dim than I expected. I do intend to install front and rear TruGlos on my wife's P30's and expect they will go as smoothly as these front sights did. I know there are a lot of experienced sight installers on the forum but for anyone like myslef, who is relatively new to HK handguns, if you get a chance to pick up a MGW 312 at a good price, you can't go wrong. Apparently they have been discontinued in favor of their new universal sight tool.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts