HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my new to me USP 40 S&W out for the first time yesterday. It was also my first time with the 40S&W caliber. All I can say is AWESOME SAUCE, I shoot at 6" diameter steel plates from 7-25 yards off hand. My dad shot his gen 1 glock 17 with me and the HK won big time! Also the HK had softer smoother recoil than the glock which amazed me since it was only a 9mm and mine was a 40. I ran WWB,Federal,and Perfecta thru it with no issues for 200 rounds. Even all the sigs I have owned malfunctioned on the first trip. This gun is amazing, I spent all this morning cleaning it in detail and man oh man it looked like this thing was buried in sand!. All the enternal parts had so much gunk caked on them it looked like I just crawled from under the hood of a car when I was finished. But I am now 100% HK there are no others when it comes to a combat/pertection!

·
Priest of the P7
4,810 Posts
Took my new to me USP 40 S&W out for the first time yesterday. It was also my first time with the 40S&W caliber. All I can say is AWESOME SAUCE, I shoot at 6" diameter steel plates from 7-25 yards off hand. My dad shot his gen 1 glock 17 with me and the HK won big time! Also the HK had softer smoother recoil than the glock which amazed me since it was only a 9mm and mine was a 40. I ran WWB,Federal,and Perfecta thru it with no issues for 200 rounds. Even all the sigs I have owned malfunctioned on the first trip. This gun is amazing, I spent all this morning cleaning it in detail and man oh man it looked like this thing was buried in sand!. All the enternal parts had so much gunk caked on them it looked like I just crawled from under the hood of a car when I was finished. But I am now 100% HK there are no others when it comes to a combat/pertection!
Did you clean off the packing oil before you shot? If not, that stuff will definitely catch everything in the environment and gunk up. It's meant to protect the metal during shipment and while the gun is waiting for purchase, not lubrication.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it used and that may have been it but it was like little grains of sand all over it. I do know that after everything was cleaned and lubed real good all the actions smoothed up a lot so I can't wait to to do it again

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,436 Posts
USP40 was my first HK and still one of my most favorites to shoot.

Perhaps the previous owner never cleaned it. Either way, enjoy!

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I am glad you liked it. I too have a full size .40 usp and it is a nail driver and the recoil of the .40 usp is a lot less snappy than the 229 sig I once had. I have read the HK designed the UPS for the .40 and that is why it is so smooth to shoot and less snappy than other .40 pistols. I have a feeling this is not your last HK, wait until you try an expert or the Mark 23!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Before the USP 40 I owned a sig p220 and that's what I traded to get the USP. Before that I owned a USP 45 tactical. I made myself not like it even though deep down I loved it. And that is why I now have the HK and the sig is gone.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
very nice. my usp40 is my edc. i love it as well, especially with a match hybrid LEM trigger.
It came with a LEM Kit but I like DA/SA and the trigger is really good the way it is so now the kit is just laying in the safe

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Sounds like somebody finally gave in and drank some HK Cool Aid

Did your mind get all fuzzy and did you feel dizzy?

That's how I felt when I first partook in 1991.

Welcome aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah it was pretty close to that I know my blood itches I'm withdrawing from shooting it. I can't keep it out of my hand around the house! Once I get my new shell from alien gear it will be a little worse and if I can ever find some night sights for it I may OD.

·
Registered
150 Posts
A bit late here but I too love the .40 as it was my first HK the USP. As many are aborting the .40, I will not. I spent many years shooting targets through wood and car doors to turn back now. The .40 performed better than 9mm with both ball and jhp. I do agree the newer 9 mm ammo is improved there's no reason to move from.40 if one already has themselves well equipped with guns, mags holsters etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts