HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Does anyone know if this B&T MP5 flash hider is good to go on an SP5? https://hkparts.net/product/b-t-hk-mp5-mp5k-n-apc-muzzle-brake-p16898.htm

Obviously it's made to utilize the tri-lug attachments, but I was curious if the 1/2" x 28 threaded portion would interfere with proper fitment?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
It will work on the Sp5. If the thread protector is too long, you will have issues. But the thread protector does not go past the muzzle on the SP5 so it works perfectly. I have the B&T brake and that was my experience.

My PCS RS has a thick thread protector that did not work with a SiCo trilug so I had Tros send me a thread protector that was same barrel diameter as the barrel, unfortunately it was longer and although it works with the Sico, it doesn’t work with my B&T.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will work on the Sp5. If the thread protector is too long, you will have issues. But the thread protector does not go past the muzzle on the SP5 so it works perfectly. I have the B&T brake and that was my experience.

My PCS RS has a thick thread protector that did not work with a SiCo trilug so I had Tros send me a thread protector that was same barrel diameter as the barrel, unfortunately it was longer and although it works with the Sico, it doesn’t work with my B&T.
As always, thanks for your help, bro!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Anyone here ever used both the HK version, and the BT version? Which one fits tighter. Some of the reviews I have read of the HK version is that it can have a loose fit with a bit of rattle?

·
Registered
221 Posts
My HK version was loose fitting. The B&T version I got from Dakota Tactical had a much better fit and no hole at the bottom so it would offer more protection for my Surefire light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts