HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago I used to carry my P30 daily. Then, in a fit of madness, I sold it and began carrying my Glock 19.5. Last year I finally replaced my P30; great deal on a new V3 offered on GB.

This morning I decided to return my P30 to EDC duty. Not because I dislike Glock (I really don’t), but because I’ve been missing DA/SA. Finally came to my senses…

Cheers.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just got back my P30SK (with ambi safety) back from Gray Guns. Can't wait to try it. It's by far the most accurate < 4" pistol I have ever shot besides my P30S V3. I absolutely love the rear facing decocker rather than using the lever as the decocker.

If you shoot 1911s, a P30S V3 is an easy transition. You can carry cocked and locked. When you draw, you use your support thumb to depress the safety lever like a 1911 thumb safety and shoot. Very simple.

If the HK45C could be updated to have the P30's more ergonomic frame, complete with the rear mounted decocker, I would never use a 1911 again.

Edited to add: I forgot also to say, I believe that the HK P30S V3 is the best hammer fired 9 mm pistol money can buy right now. Most reliable, most accurate, most ergonomic. It is the complete package for a hammer fired pistol. I want them to offer a .45 ACP variant with a better frame than the HK45C (I've tried it, put 1000-1200 rounds through it using a Milt Sparks holster, drills/timed shots and everything. Can't get over the grip).

·
HKPRO Professional
310 Posts
No striker guns are stuck in IWB holsters here. DA/SA all the way. Some say it is old fashioned thinking, and I have to remind them of very recent history and the engineers who fought to fix a striker gun problem.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
No striker guns are stuck in IWB holsters here. DA/SA all the way. Some say it is old fashioned thinking, and I have to remind them of very recent history and the engineers who fought to fix a striker gun problem.
Striker guns have their place. Problem for me is they just don’t have any soul. Now a HK P7, Colt Gold Cup, Browning HP or a Sig Sauer P226..those have soul!

·
Registered
SP5K, Mk23, USP, P30, HK45, P2000
213 Posts
Rock n roll dude one of my favorites, if you haven't already the gg srt kits make a really noticeable difference in the P30/P2000 pistols

Hat Military camouflage Air gun Fedora Carnivore

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just got back my P30SK (with ambi safety) back from Gray Guns. Can't wait to try it. It's by far the most accurate < 4" pistol I have ever shot besides my P30S V3. I absolutely love the rear facing decocker rather than using the lever as the decocker.

If you shoot 1911s, a P30S V3 is an easy transition. You can carry cocked and locked. When you draw, you use your support thumb to depress the safety lever like a 1911 thumb safety and shoot. Very simple.

If the HK45C could be updated to have the P30's more ergonomic frame, complete with the rear mounted decocker, I would never use a 1911 again.

Edited to add: I forgot also to say, I believe that the HK P30S V3 is the best hammer fired 9 mm pistol money can buy right now. Most reliable, most accurate, most ergonomic. It is the complete package for a hammer fired pistol. I want them to offer a .45 ACP variant with a better frame than the HK45C (I've tried it, put 1000-1200 rounds through it using a Milt Sparks holster, drills/timed shots and everything. Can't get over the grip).
The grip is why I go back and forth between the HK45ct and my P30. Both are LEMs with short resets but I like the P30 grip better and I like the HK45ct trigger better. shrug

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Striker guns have their place. Problem for me is they just don’t have any soul. Now a HK P7, Colt Gold Cup, Browning HP or a Sig Sauer P226..those have soul!
H&K P7 is a striker fired pistol. Squeezing the cocking lever cocks the firing pin.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Reliably making small groups/ragged holes in your hand (not someone else’s preference) should be the standard unless you just enjoy collecting or subjectively prefer one system versus the other. Plenty of very reliable/durable models in each system. Pretty is as pretty does. Ymmv.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I really want a P30 myself. I've been hunting for a V1 LEM locally for a while and currently have my eye on a used one. We're trying to iron out the details on a trade.
Question for this that EDC a P30, what holsters are you running? I'm not a big guy at just 145lbs and 5' 8". I prefer AIWB carry.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts