HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The main well for all these $50 LEM conversion kits has finally run dry. CDNN has sold out. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted and who knows how long before they get any more in, AND at what price. Remember the $20 USPC .45 mags they had right after the ban ended? Now they are back up to $40. HK has been out of the LEM kit for months and while there may be others with the kits, I am not aware of them and certainly not for only $50.
:( :( :( :( :(

If anyone has knowledge of who has more LEM kits IN STOCK please post here and list a price and link. I know there are going to be a lot of people asking for them from the number of requests I get for information on them each month.

I did notice that Robert Johnson does have the match trigger kits in stock for $125, but no LEMs.
edited to update.....
-9/07/07---CDNN is now listing them as being in stock for the same price.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,851 Posts
It's timely that you mentioned this. I have a lawyer buddy with a USPc .45 in v1. He wants it converted to LEM. I told him that he could snag the parts from CDNN and I or he could do the conversion (it's not really that tough as long as you go slow and methodically). He started thinking and his lawyer mind got involved... what if I have to use the weapon and the opposing counsel somehow finds out that the conversion was done by a non-HK certified armorer? What then, what then?

I told him that he had two choices...
He could either pay more and have HK do it for him, but that it would take a long time because HK was out of the kits. Or...

He could pay more and have me do it after he paid to have me certified at Blackwater.

He chose the first and is still waiting. Gee, we could be done by now if he chose option 2...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Dag nabbit! I hope they are back in stock by the end of Janurary or early February.

·
Registered
402 Posts
This pretty much blows. I was set to send 2 of mine in for LEM conversions.

As much as I like HK, I have to say, and I've heard this from several agencies that PREVIOUSLY used HK, the parts availability is terrible and HK pretty much throws up the middle finger at them and tells them to shop around to see if anybody has THEIR parts!!!! Ultimately, if HK-USA cannot get the German side of the company talking to them and supplying parts, you all may see me convert to Glock, the M&P or even a freakin' XD. At least parts are available.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying all that and what follows, but if there is ONE single thing HK SUCKS at like a 2 bit (fill in the blank), it's this type of customer service. Sure, when you send something up to get fixed, it does get fixed, but to not have parts for a gun currently in production, and to have to buy those parts through some 3rd party discount place (CDNN - who I have no beef with for the record) is absolutely one massively SH!TTY business model based on bottom dollar so they don't have to carry any inventory. Most companies would go broke if they treated customers like this on a continual basis. One of these days HK will fall this way too. I wonder if that's why the boys in New Jersey don't want to go with the 416....they know HK can't and won't supply parts because in their supreme arrogance they don't believe that their German engineered product can break.

I'm still in love with my HK's...but when SHTF and Hilldog or obama get elected....just where am I going to find parts? And don't get me that line of crap HK's don't break...ALL mechanical things break....all of them. While my next purchase was to be a P30....maybe it will be a G17 now. Honestly, WTH is HK-USA thinking? First at the SHOT show they said they wouldn't warrant any LEM mod (told me this directly...by 2 people), then they said they would (over the phone), but then in March they said they had no more kits. Then they said to ship it in in May (but I was in the middle of a move). By June (3 weeks later) they said they'd have LEM by August/September but were out now. Just what's the truth??? We'd all like to know I'm sure.

Also, try to get a phone call returned from Jeff S....impossible...he could care less too. Now that they're all TV stars (in their own mind that is)...go ahead...crap on your customer. Picatinny is probably making the right decision...screw HK...they can't come through with parts...so why would we want to arm our boys in the field with a company who cannot or will not supply extra parts. Make up your blankety blankety mind HK or you'll be losing me and eventually a lot more customers.

Sounds to me like they need to fire some folks up there (hopefully without golden parachutes) like a few of their directors and VP's that get to play with "Mac" on Future Weapons instead of getting their proverbial head out of their ARSE and getting their business model together - you know, the one that recognizes PARTS are what makes these things work, and then have some inventory of them.

ps....if I don't get an honest answer when I call HK in the next week or so, somebody will have an opportunity to buy a USPc 45 with 4 extra mags. Of course, that would be very dependent on if they bother answering their phones like they usually DO NOT!

·
Banned
366 Posts
Well that sucks. I've been putting it off and putting it off. I wanted one and CDNN was going to be my source.

I'm seriously going to go cry myself to sleep now. :(

·
Registered
616 Posts
Straightgrain Clyde's recently got a shipment of AG date code USP Compact 45 LEMs in, they have a few left from what I understand, I just ordered one myself.

BigBore, MLSECPRO told me that they have LEM kits in stock when I asked about them a week or so ago.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was on the phone with Jeff from HK today and can say he was friendly and easy to talk to.
I am waiting to have HK install the LEM on my .45.

·
Registered
402 Posts
So maybe Jeff is now answering his phone....great - maybe things are changing already!!! Doubtful, but maybe. However, if you miss his call, then don't expect another one back or him to answer when you call back - it's all or nothing with that bloke. That was my experience a while back last November. More importantly than this conflict in personnel, did Jeff say WHEN and IF there will be any LEM conversions available?

I just wish I could get an honest answer from them, but their spin machine is in full speed rotation. I really felt late last year HK-USA was improving their customer service, but without parts, there is no reason to even have a customer service department. I'm starting to believe the Glockers...HELP, Dear Lord!!! I'm serious, help...I don't want to think HK-USA has gone down the [email protected] again with customer support. My experience with the HK-USA (not the German reps, but the USA reps from Illinois if I recall correctly) at the Orlando SHOT show left me so unimpressed that if I didn't have more than one HK, I'd have sold it on the spot to the closest gun store at Kel-Tec price. I HOPE HK-USA reads this forum. I'm not joining their forum...I've got too many passwords as it is. Also, while I know you all think I hate HK, quite the opposite is true. I've stood up for them amongst my circle of shooting buddies for years often being the only HK'r on the range in training classes and the like. Some of these buddies are LE/Military folks who are big Glockers; but now, almost everything they've said about HK-USA's lack of support is starting to have a frightfully truthful ring to it.

Please note, this is, IMNSHO, strictly HK-USA not coming to bat; they're living on the name, that's it. If the German's are not giving them the parts HK-USA needs, then HK-USA's president needs to get off his lazy arse and get to work and earn some of that high 6 or 7 figure income he makes. Just look what's happened to SIG....four to five years ago they were the cat's meow, now they've been mostly forgotten about even though they are great guns (the downfall of which started with that 1911 beast).

Can anybody out there assure us, not just me, that HK-USA hasn't just basically flipped the bird at it's civilian customers? Or am I just over reacting? I mean, this is just a LEM trigger kit, but what about other parts? Or am I the only one who is concerned enough to want some spare parts so when SHTF I won't be without protection.

·
Registered
311 Posts
So maybe Jeff is now answering his phone....great - maybe things are changing already!!! Doubtful, but maybe. However, if you miss his call, then don't expect another one back or him to answer when you call back - it's all or nothing with that bloke. That was my experience a while back last November. More importantly than this conflict in personnel, did Jeff say WHEN and IF there will be any LEM conversions available?

I just wish I could get an honest answer from them, but their spin machine is in full speed rotation. I really felt late last year HK-USA was improving their customer service, but without parts, there is no reason to even have a customer service department. I'm starting to believe the Glockers...HELP, Dear Lord!!! I'm serious, help...I don't want to think HK-USA has gone down the [email protected] again with customer support. My experience with the HK-USA (not the German reps, but the USA reps from Illinois if I recall correctly) at the Orlando SHOT show left me so unimpressed that if I didn't have more than one HK, I'd have sold it on the spot to the closest gun store at Kel-Tec price. I HOPE HK-USA reads this forum. I'm not joining their forum...I've got too many passwords as it is. Also, while I know you all think I hate HK, quite the opposite is true. I've stood up for them amongst my circle of shooting buddies for years often being the only HK'r on the range in training classes and the like. Some of these buddies are LE/Military folks who are big Glockers; but now, almost everything they've said about HK-USA's lack of support is starting to have a frightfully truthful ring to it.

Please note, this is, IMNSHO, strictly HK-USA not coming to bat; they're living on the name, that's it. If the German's are not giving them the parts HK-USA needs, then HK-USA's president needs to get off his lazy arse and get to work and earn some of that high 6 or 7 figure income he makes. Just look what's happened to SIG....four to five years ago they were the cat's meow, now they've been mostly forgotten about even though they are great guns (the downfall of which started with that 1911 beast).

Can anybody out there assure us, not just me, that HK-USA hasn't just basically flipped the bird at it's civilian customers? Or am I just over reacting? I mean, this is just a LEM trigger kit, but what about other parts? Or am I the only one who is concerned enough to want some spare parts so when SHTF I won't be without protection.
I called HK Customer Service in May and they promptly responded within 72 hours. Good enough for me!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Travis called me back in two hours a few weeks ago, he said they are looking at around 60 or so days until they have the LEMs in stock from what they have been told. I have always had excellent service with HK USA since I stared dealing with them about 1.5 years ago. I havent spoken to anyone lately that didnt get great service, are you sure its them and not you? If you talk to them in the same tone as your last post, I wouldnt return your calls either. Im not saying its you, but when I hear so many great things about them, than one really bad thing...it could be them, but it could also be the customer.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Ok, I knew somebody would say it's me and that I was a jerk to Jeff S but that simply isn't the case. You're jumping to the conclusion that seems to affect this board worse than any board I've ever been on. Somebody questions the HK aura, and they're the bad guy - period, no and's,if's, or but's. How dare I or anybody else dare question HK - God forbid, it's like I called your mother some bad name.

I came to this board originally to ask questions about the P2000SK vs the Glock 26. When I asked about the virtues of the Glock vs HK, I was chastised for even considering the G26, and I swore at that time I would never post again (seems like that would have been the smart thing to do). However, just for you naysayers, I bought the HK since I'd had good luck with their product before.

So if you, in particular JL Storm, think I don't like HK, then you have totally missed the point...which I suspect you have. I'm seriously concerned about parts availability. This is NOT just about LEM. What about firing pins, springs, etc, etc?

As for parts availability, One agency I know of in particular was told to go look for them themselves, or call "so and so" see if they have them; and if they (the agencies or the 3rd party) can find them, great; if not, well, we'll get back to you when and if we ever get them from Germany. Folks these are LE guys who are risking their lives in SWAT like activities, not just some internet junkies who post on this board. They need to have a real availability of parts and shouldn't have to depend on the likes of CDNN to buy their stuff (even as much as I like CDNN). Seriously Mr. JL Storm...is that the way to run a weapons business? I realize that a common business practices is JIT, but JIT does mean that there will be parts....just in time, which certainly isn't happening at HK-USA. As an analogy, that'd be like Pratt and Whitney telling Lockheed Martin that they don't have any more parts for the jet engines that they just finished for the F-22, and they'll just have to wait until next year or two or until P&W feels like making more.

As for Jeff, I did receive a phone call which I missed because I was in a meeting; however, I tried calling back and was constantly routed to his answering machine. And in all honesty, he seems like a nice guy, but just not a follow through type of individual in my dealings with him. After 5 times of being nice (Yes, I can be nice, but I do have a low BS tolerance), identifying myself, my company, my work phone, my cell phone, and I think even my email address, I never received so much as a call back. If I have to call back 5 times myself repeat this process of name, phones, etc, this is not customer service - it's just nothing but wasted bandwidth. So, in as far as I can tell, this type of service goes under the "we could care less about your business" category.

Also, how many of you ACTUALLY (in particular Mr. JL Storm) attended the SHOT 2007 show? How many of you had lengthy conversations with the US reps? (not the Germans, the US reps). Had you actually had conversations with them, especially in the non LE section of the show, you'd know exactly what I'm talking about and how they treated the customer - the absolute worst display and support in the entire area. Kel-Tec's reps knew more about their product, were willing to talk about detail, and even answered questions about their spotty reliability!!!!! The sheer and udder stupidity (and that's being kind) of the two blokes from HK-USA I spoke to about LEM modifications (since that was one of the questions I asked) from the Illinois area (who were brought in to support the show) was truly amazing. As I've mentioned before, they said ANY LEM modification would void the H&K warranty, regardless of who did it. Of course I knew that was false info. I also asked about magazine interchangeability, and other parts interchangeability and was looked at like I had 3 heads and 8 eyes. Seriously, I'd bet a 3rd grader from South Park Elementary would have known more about the product than the US reps, certainly Uncle Jimbo would have. So yes, my attitude is piss poor right now.

But to this point in all the hubbub, nobody has answered my main question. What the heck is the deal with parts? What, are you all so infatuated with HK to think they'll never break? If you are of that mindset, good luck to you, because you'll need it. As I said earlier, all mechanical things either break or wear out. Are we as HK owners going to be without parts? Especially parts for guns that are currently under production! Will there be a supply line that's viable for the next 5-10 years? If these are invalid points to make, then I hope the moderator kicks me off permanently; because simply put, if you're not asking yourself these questions of parts availability (LEM or non LEM parts), you're either a fool, or just plan on buying the latest and greatest gun at the time....that is...if we're still allowed to purchase in the future.

So, Mr. JLStorm, are these not legitimate questions? Do you not worry about parts availability? Perhaps you have your own machine shop and can make these yourself, I can't, so I'm at the mercy of the supply line.

I have no doubt that when a weapon goes up to HK-USA in Trussville, that the work is of high quality. I've not questioned that on any of my posts here (save the one that I wouldn't buy a P30 built in the USA). I think Travis probably does supreme work. But again, just how can he do this without parts? Personally, if they can ship me a spare parts kit for the model(s) I own, I'll be buying 2 of each since then I can depend on myself to have parts.

Finally, I haven't sent anything up to Trussville. So I cannot testify to how great that end of the "service" is. Every time I've called I've gotten the cold shoulder; therefore, I don't send my weapon up. Until I can be told that they have the part, that the turn around will be "X" days there is no reason to do so. If HK-USA would say..."Sir, we shall have the LEM part in approximately 2 work weeks, and it will then take another week for installation", then I'd send it up. Until then, why send a functioning weapon up so it can sit and gather dust?

·
Registered
616 Posts
it just seems interesting that they dont semm to have a problem giving anyone else a straight answer.

Believe me we gripe about HK constantly on here, but when 20 people bitch about the same thing I think gee...its probably HK (hk45 release date for example). But when 10 people say HK's service has been great and you talk to the same people and say their service sucks, my first thought is its probably you. After how brash your last two posts have been, Im pretty sure it was you lol.

·
Registered
402 Posts
So "JL" you wouldn't talk to me...fine, because with your blanket assumptions I'd just assume never hear from you again either. If you'd simply READ that I had called Jeff instead of jumping to baseless conclusions, you'd have seen I never got a response back. So all of a sudden I'm the bad guy because I happened to have a bad experience with the ability to get in touch with Jeff. I even mentioned that I didn't think he was a bad person, but just that he didn't follow through well. How I can be the a$$hole as you implied is beyond me. If you'd have bothered reading the post of how many times I tried connecting back with Jeff, maybe you'd be a little more understanding. But you probably didn't bother reading that far, and just came to the conclusion that he's not a "REAL" HK person.

ATTENTION OTHER BOARD MEMBERS, THOU SHALT NEVER QUESTION THE AUTHORITY OF HECKLER AND KOCH OR YOU'LL BE CONSIDERED UNCLEAN AND PROBABLY BANISHED BY THE BOARD, ESPECIALLY IF "jl" HAS ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT.

So JL, just how is it then I'm the bad guy. Pretty much the conversation went like this when the lady answered the phone: "Yes, hi, my name is XXXXX, and I'm calling to speak to Jeff Swisher about an LEM modification." She transferred me. The phone rang and rang, the voice mail answered, I repeated the: "Hi, my name is XXXXX, I work at YYYYY, and I'm calling about converting to the LEM trigger modification on several weapons platforms. If possible I'd like to know how the trigger reset is affected with this modification. I can be reached at one of the following two numbers, one is work 555-555-1212, the other is cellular 555-555-1313. I shall be in a meeting until 3PM EST today (I even clarified that for his benefit so he wouldn't be wasting time calling while I wasn't there) and can be reached after that or all day tomorrow. Also, before I forget I'd like to know the approximate cost and implementation time for such a modification and if it still maintains the HK warranty. Thank you much, I look forward to speaking with you in the near future."

So, if you wouldn't speak to me after that, FFS, who the heck would you speak to?

I'll say one more thing...you're obviously not good at math, because the sample set of people you mention is so insignificant it's pointless to even have discussion about it. Furthermore, you're basing your pathetic, mathematically insignificant sample set on the people on this board, which is certainly not the entire list of people that own H&K firearms and who've dealt with the company. Not every soul reads this board, and from what I'm beginning to believe, they're the wiser for it.

Also, refresh my memory, since you've basically called me a stupid jerk, which 10 people in your quote have I've talked to: "But when 10 people say HK's service has been great and you talk to the same people and say their service sucks, my first thought is its probably you" Not only are you terrible at math, you are terrible at the written English language. First of all, let's begin with the easiest problem to fix: it should be "it's" not "its. Secondly, you've got major issues with pronouns versus nouns in this sentence. I'm not even going to begin to point out all of the comma splices. In another post you stared dealing, not started dealing with HK. It's not clear as to who the 10 people are. Also, where did I mention I talked to ten people? So here is a lesson for you to take to heart, don't mess with somebody who's a lot more educated than you, and I'm not just saying that I'm smarter than you; because, for all I know I'm not. This much I do know, based on current information, I'm certainly better at math and have better mastery of the written English language. There are others out there on this board who I'm sure are much smarter than than me as well, I can live with that; but something tells me you cannot.

Furthermore, since you and I are battling out personality conflicts, I will ask once more the question which I originally asked, but was sidetracked by some self-assuming expert on human psychology. What is the current availability of parts - and in case I haven't made it clear ALL parts, not just LEM. Should I just stock up next chance HK-USA honors us with actually having inventory?

In the interest of allowing these attacks to cease and desist, I personally volunteer NEVER to enter any topic with JLStorm in it unless once again he personally attacks me as he did earlier.

·
Registered
616 Posts
wow you waste a lot of time writing really long posts....Im not going to read all that. Good luck with your LEM kit. :41:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree about the concern of the parts availability. This should be a concern to any consumer of any product he wishes to keep for any length of time. We invest in HK, because of quality and pay for it. Having parts should not be an issue with a company this size. Not having a LEM for the US, particularly since it appears to have been designed for the US, is very disconcerting.

I'm very worried that HK will just leave the rest of us behind as they go to their next invention. That makes mine and anyone else's investment a waste.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I agree about the concern of the parts availability. This should be a concern to any consumer of any product he wishes to keep for any length of time. We invest in HK, because of quality and pay for it. Having parts should not be an issue with a company this size. Not having a LEM for the US, particularly since it appears to have been designed for the US, is very disconcerting.

I'm very worried that HK will just leave the rest of us behind as they go to their next invention. That makes mine and anyone else's investment a waste.
I dont think it will be as much of an issue going forward. Most of the weapons HK imports now have a readily available LEM variant so if someone wants a LEM they can get one out of the box. HK gets them in regularly but they get bought up by everyone very quickly, so its not that they never have a supply its that they run out pretty quick. If you call HK and talk to Travis he is pretty good at guestimating how long it will take for the LEM kits to come in if they are out of them. I had one of my pistols converted and it took less than a week from the time I sent to him until the time it was back at my house because I called at the right time (dumb luck). But with all of the vendors ordering LEM variants and so many agencies ordering new weapons, it seems like HK-USA gets what is left over, at least thats what I got from one of my conversations with them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I feel the need to chime in here. Being an LE person in an agency where we can select about anything except a Glock in 9mm or .45, I see a lot of people choose the HK. They choose it for its reputation and reliability. But when it breaks (which in the past includes some of the MP5's and other fun toys) HK does lack in the customer service. They do get back to you, but it generally takes a long time. I had to go the route to find my own LEM for my USP45 and am currently looking to get a loaner 45 while I send mine back to HK to have the kit installed (warranty and LE liablity reasons). The problems I found was that it took a week to get an email response from them to tell me 3 sentences that it would take 3 weeks to get it back. That was a form email response to top it off. On the flip side, I have had a couple of phone calls returned within the hour from HK.

We have had officers here have failures (albeit in high round count USP's and MP5's) and had to send it in to HK. After two weeks of waiting for response from HK as to if they were going to be able to repair/how long/cost etc., one officers USP 45, a package just showed up one day with a repaired, cleaned and refurbished pistol. Now this was good because the officer was the second owner and HK did not charge. However, a little communication would go a long way. I know they are busy and probably inundated with work, but that does not give them the green light to take their time in responding.

Regarding HK's reps in the area, the former reps all stated a common theme in dropping that title: too many headaches for them on HK's inablility to communicate and service items in a timely manner. I am not advocating LE guns should have priority, although I do believe personally they should, but if this is the tool I use to defend myself with I NEED EXCELLENT customer service. I think we would all agree that for the amount of products they have out there, the folks in Germany seem reluctant to provide for those over here. There is good and bad with them as there is with any company. I just think the GROSSLY underestimated the demand the LEM would generate and they still have a problem with good consistant communication.

I will still stand in line to buy the HK's and switched from a SIG to the HK after being a staunch SIG fan for years. I even sold my Glock26 to fund (partially) my P2000SK LEM because I love the HK's, but HK does neet to step up in the supply/demand of parts and consistant customer service responses. Heck, maybe I will apply for that when I retire here.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts