HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after much anticipation today I finally went to the FFL to pick up the Vector V89 i bought on gunbroker. Man was it a disappointment. The FFL a good friend of mine didn't even say a word when I walked in, he just went into the back and garbed the rifle. The cocking tube looked like it had been in a car wreck, I could hardly cycle the bolt. Every metal part had some sort of oxidation on it and i had to use a punch and hammer to take out the "PUSH" pin. when i took it apart i found so much soot and filth it looked as if the rifle had never been cleaned in it's whole life. I have sent a message to the seller to see about a possible refund for those interested the price was $1,275 i'm hoping he will understanding, but than again someone who sells a rifle in this condition for full price usually knows they did something bad. The worst part is i bought this rifle as a gift to myself after receiving orders to the Middle East and unless i can get this taken care of in 2 months it looks like i'll be stuck with it since i'll be heading over shortly. Any suggestions on what to do?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Post up pics. There are some smiths here that could fix it. Let's see what we're working with.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would but i don't have the rifle. It was so bad I didn't Go through with the transfer. If i hit a dead end with the seller and Gunbroker i will transfer it and post pics to see what Chopstix or Ghilliebear or someone else can do.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah I remember seeing that one on GB and thinking the story sounded fishy. It was on there for about a month and didn't get any bids. Hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Man. That really sucks. I'm sure ghillie or chops could fix it. I hate these pos people who do this kinda stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
The seller has 1,097 transactions on GB with 8 'negative'. Call him and talk to him...this isn't his first rodeo.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I saw it on GB too. The pic and description seem to indicate it is a good rifle. Hope you get it worked out. I got a cetme once like that, cleaned it up and it seams to work good now. Could be worse....

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He said "it was a used product and no warranty period was specified" and because it was not his gun he is not responsible for it.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
That's bull****. He should have known that the description didn't match the weapon. I'd be very very very pissed.
I pretty much agree. I'd post his name and a description of this experience over on Sturm, Subguns and AR15.com. Make him radioactive.
Also, you need to post appropriate feedback on Gunbroker, too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
:41:

:62:Socomguy:52:... another added to the ignore list...

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
He can't hand waive misrepresenting the rifle. Refuse the transfer (take pics for proof!) and file a claim with GB and the USPS or whatever payment source you used.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I mean no offense, but I'd take this as a learning experience and move on. As I understand your posts you knew he had feedback about misrepresentation of condition and you didn't specify a three day inspection. IMHO some of this is on you. I'm sure you deal straight up. So do I. I had to learn the hard way that not everyone does. It stinks, but you can't make the other guy honest. All you can do is hold him accountable to your agreement. It states clearly in the firearm description "It is sold "AS IS"". If it is that dirty, it sounds like it at least runs. A lot of these don't. I had to change the original MIMS bolt that came with my CA gun for a RCM after 400 rds. Made a huge difference. I also did the upgraded SS cocking tube support. Big improvement of function. So transfer it to you, clean it up, and try it. Gun Broker will post the feedback, but you did received the "AS IS" carbine. Especially if the seller has negative feedback, specify a three day inspection. If he won't move on. Good luck with your V89-40 carbine. SBR it. You'll like it much better. I appreciate your service to our country.

Scott

·
Registered
364 Posts
Well after much anticipation today I finally went to the FFL to pick up the Vector V89 i bought on gunbroker. Man was it a disappointment. The FFL a good friend of mine didn't even say a word when I walked in, he just went into the back and garbed the rifle. The cocking tube looked like it had been in a car wreck, I could hardly cycle the bolt. Every metal part had some sort of oxidation on it and i had to use a punch and hammer to take out the "PUSH" pin. when i took it apart i found so much soot and filth it looked as if the rifle had never been cleaned in it's whole life. I have sent a message to the seller to see about a possible refund for those interested the price was $1,275 i'm hoping he will understanding, but than again someone who sells a rifle in this condition for full price usually knows they did something bad. The worst part is i bought this rifle as a gift to myself after receiving orders to the Middle East and unless i can get this taken care of in 2 months it looks like i'll be stuck with it since i'll be heading over shortly. Any suggestions on what to do?
OP,
This very same thing happened to me not long ago. I wish the pictures were still avalible but my Photobucket account was full and I deleted them. But is you read the text in the thread you will get the jest of it.
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/149903-vector-mp5-40-gunbroker-auction-gone-wrong.html

I was lucky and only paid 900ish so dumping parts into it wasnt a real big deal. She runs great now. Good luck with your project. Like you I was stuck with it. They get you with that AS IS statment:(

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well i finally got her all cleaned up and inspected her to se what was in need of repair/replacement and here is what i found:
1. The trunion is no longer welded to the receiver, It has a nice 1/8" gap between the rails and the trunion and when the bolt is let forward you can watch the whole barrel move forward in the receiver.
2. The weld on the cocking tube is cracked on the side and working it's way to the top, definitely related to the trunion issue. It also looks like someone has took a blall peen hammer to it at some pointe because it is no longer round where it meets the receiver. Related to that the cocking tube support is all scared up and gouged from it being forced into the almost square hole of the cocking tube.
3. The welds must have been done by a stick welder because they are the ugliest welds i have ever seen, and i work on a ship so i've seen some pretty bad welds. The voltage must have been way to high because you can see where they burnt through the receiver and tried to fill it back in. Related to this while cleaning the inside of the receiver one of the bullet guides fell out along with the piece of welding material holding it in, the piece of the weld looked like a pumice stone it was so poorly done. The weld on the semi shelf is also broken and is only being held in place by a roll pin.

I talked to a USPS postmaster general to see if i could do anything but he said the same thing as gunbroker, because he did not say anything untruthful i really didn't have a case. I'm planning on sending it of to one of the smiths from here to have it all fixed up and get it back when my 15 month deployment is complete. Does anyone have a ballpark figure for what this would run? Thanks.
Nick

1 - 20 of 25 Posts