something looking closer to the actual suppressor
Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen these. They're made of plastic. I'm
looking for a shroud made of metal, machined to
look like a real suppressor or close to it.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
E&L is the place that makes them. They offer 3 kinds. 1- The plastic SD model 2- The metal one with the vent holes. and last but not least 3- (the one you are after) All metal, no vent holes, looks like a suppresor. It fits perfect and has good finish on it. E&L has real quick service as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to see a picture of this third type (metal supressor looking, no vent holes E&L shroud).

I suspect the Bushmaster listed shroud is just one of the E&L produced ones (it has been in the past).

I'm still holding out for an SD looking metal shroud - probably a 2 piece, that then takes an SD forearm over it...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree. We need an affordable metal version of the SD shroud. The only one I have ever see was like $950. to have installed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That, I think, is an SD front end conversion which would make it possible to actually install an SD suppressor. The thing is it is not necessary to go to that extent to accomplish this. I should be doable without any modifications to the HK94/SW5 at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone willing to take this on as a project...
I'm guessing lots of HK94 owners on this board
wouldn't mind paying a reasonable amount for
a well made metal dummy suppressor/shroud for
the 94. Any opinions ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I mean a fake silencer that looks identical to the MP5SD. E&L Makes a plastic one, but i would like to see if anyone makes a package that looks real, not plastic, but doesnt actually dampen the sound.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I bought a MFI fake supressor for my USP SD -
Im really happy with it, very well made, even works with live ammo (does not reduce sound) but get alot of attention at the range.

I think It fits the .45 USP as well as the 9mm.
Im sure you could get a threaded adapter made to fit your 94. Call Kel at Gemtech and ask, Im sure there are other people here too that know if one could be available

1 - 14 of 14 Posts