HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are any companies that make a barrel thread protector or a substitute for the flash hider on the hk91/g3?

OR--Where I could get ahold of a 15x1mm thread tap so I can make my own?

I was thinking of puchasing a new barrel from Ohio Rapid Fire and just don't want the look of a flash hider on the end of a heavy barrel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
They show two styles only..... .800"-18" long ,smooth or .800-18" long,fluted.Both are theaded at the end :( .Does anyone know where to get a heavier barrel for around $200?

Edit: I guess I could always cut the end off and recrown it.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
PTR91.com (JLD) has 20" barrels that are heavier and fluted for $299. Unfortunatley the regular triple frame sight base will not work. It will need to be modified to work on your gun.

What kid of flash hider/muzzle attachment were you looking for?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
PTR91.com (JLD) has 20" barrels that are heavier and fluted for $299. Unfortunatley the regular triple frame sight base will not work. It will need to be modified to work on your gun.

What kid of flash hider/muzzle attachment were you looking for?
I saw those barrels....I'm really tempted.If they had a non-fluted cheaper version,I'd be all over it.

Was looking for something that would cover the treaded portion of the barrel.Not an extention or any other type of thread-on muzzle device.

A nice "clean" looking compensator would be a second choice.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I saw those barrels....I'm really tempted.If they had a non-fluted cheaper version,I'd be all over it.

Was looking for something that would cover the treaded portion of the barrel.Not an extention or any other type of thread-on muzzle device.

A nice "clean" looking compensator would be a second choice.

I just need the diameter and length measurements. A thread protector is child's play. PM me when you have them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts