HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is barrel wobble normal on the USP? Whenever my slides locked back, if I move the gun slightly you can hear the barrel moving. If the slide is closed, you don't hear anything though. I took out the barrel to make sure it wasn't something else.

L

·
0 Posts
it's normal for THESE TYPES OF GUNS.

the slide and barrel must be made to accomodate and move with each other during cycling. if they did not, the gun would not be very reliable. the looser tolerance around the slide/barrel are to ensure the gun cycles & loads properly every time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's normal for all semi-auto handguns.

the slide and barrel must be made to accomodate and move with each other during cycling. if they did not, the gun would not be very reliable. the looser tolerance around the slide/barrel are to ensure the gun cycles & loads properly every time.
Ah ok, thanks. I'm a newbie to guns so i'm still learning

·
Registered
266 Posts
that would be the pinned bbls

L

·
0 Posts
yes i know i know... here..

all semi automatic handguns with SLIDES AND BARRELS will jiggle. there, happy? :)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
yes i know i know... here..

all semi automatic handguns with SLIDES AND BARRELS will jiggle. there, happy? :)
Hmmm, interesting. Considering the fact I have quite a few semi auto's that have a barrel as solid as the receiver they are mounted to.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Floating barrel handguns will wobble a bit.

Its not a big deal, as long as the barrel sits in the same, or a consistant position when not touched, it will stay fairly accurate.

Remember, handguns arn't really "designed" (or at least most handguns) to engage targets out of 25 yards. Some exceptions (like the mark23 with 50 yard M.E.R.) and target pistols, but most of them are either super tight 1911's, or fixed barrel semi-auto's, or bolt action handguns.

L

·
0 Posts
Hmmm, interesting. Considering the fact I have quite a few semi auto's that have a barrel as solid as the receiver they are mounted to.
give me a break; i KNOW you and scooter understand what i was trying to say; especially after the 2nd reply: i understand you thought you had to add your "helpful advise" but but the guys question was already answered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts