HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of SBRing a usc/ump and wanting to know how hard it is to swap the usc barrell for a ump barrell. What tools are needed or should it be left only to a smith. I am somewhat mechanically inclined if that helps. Oh and yes I know I have to wait till the form 1 comes back approved.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
its not nearly as difficult as a 9x series rifle, use a punch and pound the barrel pin out from left to right, slide the barrel and extractor out the back

MAKE SURE YOU PUT THE EXTRACTOR IN CORRECTLY!!! its not that hard to get right

put everything in back in reverse order

should take no more then 20 min

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
left to right while looking down the barrell or while looking at the stock?

Thanks,
Sniper1

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
if your looking at the gun from behind,

it really doesent matter to tell you the truth, i think it will come out either way its just how i do it.

also make sure you mask off the plastic around the pin or put some shop towels over it to protect it......... just in case :)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Dead nuts simple, and will take you 10 minutes if it's your first time. Less than 5 minutes if you've done it before. HTH,

·
Registered
335 Posts
I would recommend buying the push pin sold by Top Notch parts. This comes in handy when you wanna go between 45ACP to 40SW in 2 minutes.;)

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, you rock!!!

Final question, Is there any "bolt gap" or anything I need to worry about, or is just as simple as if the pin goes through properly than it is in the right position?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts