HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, they have been using MP5s disguised as "something" that the BG Marines use. Plus, last Friday night in part 1 of the 2 part season finale, Starbuck is carrying a G36. No real attempt to hide it like they have done with the MP5.

·
Registered
18 Posts
They were using FN P90s in the first season but Stargate is using those so they switched to Beretta Cx4 Storms with some sort of flash suppressor.
The resistance is using UMPs, Uzis, Scorpions, and a bunch of other SMGs. You saw the G36. Side arms are FN FiveseveNs with some doodad under the barrel. A few times a Vector CP-1 has been seen. There has been a COP .357 and a street sweeper. In the commanders office on the Pegasus a Tommy gun was laying on a table. They really don't try to disguise anything. The only gun made just for the show was the side arms used in the pilot mini series. That shows up every now and then.
Look close at the Storms front sights and you will see them filled in when they are using the rubber stunt guns.
Yea, I notice this stuff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
They were using FN P90s in the first season but Look close at the Storms front sights and you will see them filled in when they are using the rubber stunt guns.
Yea, I notice this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, I own a rubber MP5 from the Ellis inventory; it's the same way, with the front sight filled in. I've seen that in a couple of movies.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Nice pics.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
I love this show! I noticed that too man when I first saw it.
I too REALLY like this show, however I have one complaint.... If they are sooo advanced as to have Battle Stars, Vipers, etc.... so why are they still using conventional firearms/cased ammo firearms...... But they do employ a variety of sweet sweet HK weapons......

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too REALLY like this show, however I have one complaint.... If they are sooo advanced as to have Battle Stars, Vipers, etc.... so why are they still using conventional firearms/cased ammo firearms...... But they do employ a variety of sweet sweet HK weapons......
I guess it is hard to improve on something that really works. Look at the 1911; old, but not only still around, a large percentage of the CCW people carry one as opposed to newer technology.

I prefer the grittier realism with bullets instead of lasers. Besides, they could be using electrochemical propellant instead of gunpowder...

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
I guess it is hard to improve on something that really works. Look at the 1911; old, but not only still around, a large percentage of the CCW people carry one as opposed to newer technology.

I prefer the grittier realism with bullets instead of lasers. Besides, they could be using electrochemical propellant instead of gunpowder...
except they have shown the ammuntion in various episodes.... At least in movies like Aliens, they used caseless ammo (G11 any one?) and explained it... Really I love this show, it just seemes odd to me???

·
Registered
4 Posts
except they have shown the ammuntion in various episodes.... At least in movies like Aliens, they used caseless ammo (G11 any one?) and explained it... Really I love this show, it just seemes odd to me???
Did they ever say they use conventional gunpowder? I don't remember.

As for ALIENS, cool M41, but way unbelievable. 99 rounds of 10mm caseless stuffed into a Thompson...I dont think so. I did love the use of the VP70 in that movie however.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Acid

Could you imagine somekind of acid or chemical round to eat through the metal of the Cylones? Or even an electronical frying round? Hmmm

·
Registered
60 Posts
Becaues only a superior German weapon can kill the "Toasters"??? ;) :71:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I added Season 2.5 to the earlier episodes this evening -- spied it at Wal-mart...

Been watching the first disk tonight and noticed UMPs in use by guards from Pegasus who were in the room when Boomer was being raped.

I've previously seen P9S in use as a handgun in earlier episodes.

Great series.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Aliens has to be my favorite film of all time. One thing does make me smile apart from the afore mentioned 99 10mm rounds in a 20 round .45 mag is when the survivors are escaping along the huge air conditioning ducting and are blazing away at the pursuing aliens with their M41's using '10mm, semi armor piercing, caseless ammo!' the amount of empty cases spewing out of their weapons!

·
Registered
324 Posts
+1....Aliens rocks!!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
empty

Something about shell casing hitting the floor makes me excited. And the ching sound of the bolt rotating, along with the shells.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Aliens has to be my favorite film of all time. One thing does make me smile apart from the afore mentioned 99 10mm rounds in a 20 round .45 mag is when the survivors are escaping along the huge air conditioning ducting and are blazing away at the pursuing aliens with their M41's using '10mm, semi armor piercing, caseless ammo!' the amount of empty cases spewing out of their weapons!
why did the weapons look so cool in that movie , but the following ones looked so crap

1 - 20 of 32 Posts