1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
looks like she was run hard......

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
That dark discoloration behind the gas block is carbon blowout. Mine gets this too if I don't clean it. Not saying that it has not been run hard, it's simply not a definitive indicator that the barrel is burnt.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
I'm talking about the discoloration at mid point of the barrel, looks cooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I run a suppressor on my gun, the blowout will reach damn near the barrel nut.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
If I run a suppressor on my gun, the blowout will reach damn near the barrel nut.
I put damn near 1500 rounds through my 416 10.4" upper in a day and half course and the carbon was pretty darn tame, almost not there. So I'd still say it's been ridden.

I'd love to see a better shot of the interior of the upper receiver and the piston.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
I put damn near 1500 rounds through my 416 10.4" upper in a day and half course and the carbon was pretty darn tame, almost not there. So I'd still say it's been ridden.

I'd love to see a better shot of the interior of the upper receiver and the piston.

As I noted, not saying that it has not been rode hard. Just not an absolute that the discoloration we see is from a burnt barrel. That's all. You really need a go/no-go guage stuffed in both ends of the barrel.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
As I noted, not saying that it has not been rode hard. Just not an absolute that the discoloration we see is from a burnt barrel. That's all. You really need a go/no-go guage stuffed in both ends of the barrel.
Be awesome to be able to do that on these transactions. It would really root out the dead barrels.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts