HKPRO Forums banner

Which should I do?

• Get the P2k

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Call and switch to the P30

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • Get the P2k... Then you'll have a reason to get the P30 later.

Votes: 18 35.3%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Friday morning I ordered a P2000 V2 9mm from budspolicesupply to use as a duty weapon. I've fondled the P30's before and really like them. Today I went to the range( to shoot my 45c and P7) and while waiting for a lane to open up I checked out the P30 they had.

So needless to say... As in the title, I'm beginning to second guess my choice. I honestly don't know if I should call Monday and see if I can "upgrade" my order to the P30 V2 9mm?

I keep going back and forth. I don't know what to do... My primary duties are equipment maint, training, office work and responding to incidents. No type of patrol, courtroom or prisoner transport. We do occasionally get called out for SWAT support(usually just to use our robot). And that what makes me want the P30... But it would also be used as my off duty ccw, which makes me want the P2k.

I'm leaving this in the hands of hkpro... Help me out!

Update in post #41 pg.5

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
It won't matter. You'll end up with both eventually. Resistance is futile. Embrace your addiction. Makes life easier. :D

·
Registered
1,053 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
The CBP doesn't have any problems with the P2000 as a service pistol.

Nor do the German police that use it.

If it was strictly for a duty holster or OWB where concealment isn't a priority, I would go for the P30.

Stick with the P2000 if it will be used for concealment. Unless of course you can conceal the P30 just fine, like carrying AIWB, then I'd get the P30. I'd actually like to switch out to the P30 now that I have AIWB down pat....

I don't know how much you've played with the P2000, but I shoot at Classic Pistol in Southampton if you want to fire off a few boxes of ammo. It's a GGI worked DA/SA with an HK45c mag release.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think the P30 might be a better fit, for the simple reason of being able to make it fit your hand better. There are just more options for getting a better fit to your hand size. Instead of getting the P2000, you might consider getting 2 P30s, then you have one for the long and the short things.

·
Registered
481 Posts
That's it you're done!

Time to seek help!! HK Anonymous Meets twice a week in the HELP section!! Shock therapy is every Wednesday, and for the most severe cases we offer full frontal lobotomy! LOL!!

Resistance is Futile! Call the EMT's and reserve a room in ICU for you bank account!!:74:

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'd go with which one you shoot better, which one fits most naturally in your hands, giving you the best trigger finger position and such, to me that's more important than the other relatively minor differences. If they both feel equally good when shooting, I'd probably get the P2000 for IWB comfort and because it'll feel a bit more like your HK45c.

You're not the only one to have this problem, I'm going through a similar dilemma myself. I've been shooting a P30 for almost a year and love it, but after shooting a range rental P2000 several times, I think there's something about the grip shape that just works better for me (for you it could be the opposite, who knows). I have a P2000 getting delivered next week, and I'll shoot the two side by side for a month or two, and then sell one to buy a backup copy of the other.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I went to go get the P2sk and ended up getting the PPQ. Maybe the next time I go back I'll get the Sk, lol.

·
Registered
815 Posts
There's a reason you checked out the P30...cuz deep down that's really the gun you want.
Buy the gun you want.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Friday morning I ordered a P2000 V2 9mm from budspolicesupply to use as a duty weapon....But it would also be used as my off duty ccw....
I would stick with the P2000. The smaller size makes it a better choice for CCW, yet it's still large enough to be right at home in a duty holster. I normally carry mine concealed, but occasionally it gets taken out in a Safariland 6004. I can't imagine a better all-around pistol choice--I've been 100% satisfied with the P2000 no matter what the role.

·
Registered
55 Posts
...my 45c...
The P2000 would also be a perfect complement to your HK45C--the grip shape and texture of those two pistols is nearly identical. I shoot my 9mm P2K more than any other pistol, but I love taking the HK45C out with it. The 45C just feels like a P2000 on steroids.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Neither, get the P2000Sk. Use the USPc/P2000 magz for duty work and put in a flat base plate P2000sk mag in for concealed duty. 2 guns in one. I think the SK shoots better than its larger counterpart.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
The P2000 would also be a perfect complement to your HK45C--the grip shape and texture of those two pistols is nearly identical. The 45C just feels like a P2000 on steroids.
^This.

The main point in your description is that part of the "mission" of this pistol will be as an off-duty piece. That seals it, as far as I'm concerned; the P2000 is much more concealable than the P30. That Spiderman grip is simply much larger than the P2000's grip... and is certainly not worth only two extra rounds, IMO.

Of course, I am biased... I EDC an HK45C and have a 9mm P2000 (the wife has a pair of .40 P2000s). Neither the HK45 nor P30 works for me; I simply do not like the way the Spiderman grip feels in my hand.

If you end up with a P2000, make an effort to put the HK45C mag release on it... very much worth it.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Well, during summer short sleeve duty carry, the P30 tends to rub your elbow until you get the John Wayne walk down. P2000 is a fine choice.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Since this is going to be used for CCW, I recommend the P2000. The P30 grips are a little rough for any IWB stuff unless you wear an undershirt.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Since this is going to be used for CCW, I recommend the P2000. The P30 grips are a little rough for any IWB stuff unless you wear an undershirt.

I could not have said it better. I had a P30 for CCW, the grips are to rough for me to ccw.
I switched to the P2000 9mm LEM for CCW. For me the P2000 is the ideal ccw gun.
Also, sent it to HK and had the light LEM installed, wow.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts