HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these are really new, just seeing if anyone has one and can tell me if they are worth the buy or if someone has at least had a chance to hold one and can give me any opinions on it. I badly need a new knife and have always wanted an OTF, just never had the money to spend on one until now.

Heres a link

H&K Epidemic OTF Automatic Knife (3.44" Black Plain) 14850BK - Blade HQ

·
Registered
590 Posts
Looks bad ass! I wonder what safety feature it has to keep from sticking yourself while carrying in your front pocket via the clip.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks bad ass! I wonder what safety feature it has to keep from sticking yourself while carrying in your front pocket via the clip.
You would have to be a special kind of stupid to stick yourself with any reputable manufacturers OTF knife. It takes several pounds of pressure on the switch to activate the blade. Also the knife clips on your pocket with the knife point down so when you are pulling it out of your pocket your fingers aren't near the switch.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I have seen a knife demo'd, that's is like this knife but not exact, that will stop the blade from fully deploying if it encounters anything substantial. Sales lady held a business card in front of it and it stopped the blade stopped before it fully passed through the card.

In my opinion, of the knife I did see and a second one of the design shown here, the blade seemed thin and flimsy. Again, not the knife shown here but the only example I have seen of the type shown. YMMV.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I played with it at the Shot Show and I have one on order now. This knife will fit great in my OTF knife collection. I can not wait to have my own to play with.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Green Tumult Limited Edition

001.jpg 002.jpg
I have a Tumult put back in my safe its a very rare OD Green one I think there was only 100 of the green ones with a black blade made. Mine is #26

·
Registered
539 Posts
Its a great knife I own about 75 Benchmades and it rates at the top of them. I like how slim it is the most I own about 10 OTF and I like the handle on the Tumult the most.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I carry my tumult everyday on duty for almost a year. Never had any problem with it, a sheet of paper will stop the forward momentum of the blade along with several lbs of pressure to deploy. Great knife.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought one of these Epidemic OTF auto knives brand new for about $190 and after about 50x of the in&out's it jammed and stopped working. I very carefully took off the cover, took a picture for reference, but cannot figure out how to reassemble the damn thing to get it working again.

Nothing is broke, I just need very detailed instructions or a video on how to Re-Assemble the H&K Epidemic OTF Automatic Knife.

I really don't want to send this in to Benchmade, as I see this as a type of thing that oviously happens sometimes, maybe if something falls off track or something. I should be able to do this myself, and I am not going to send it in for repair everytime something like this happens again. I mean, I cannot predict how many times in the future it may happen. - I think you get my point.

For the money spent, I should be able to have access to the re-assembly of this device.

Anyone know how?

·
Premium Member
3,963 Posts
Benchmade will fix it for free and pay return shipping?

·
Registered
83 Posts
as long as its legal to own in your state or are LE/Mil
Yes they can be sticklers about this. Never disassemble it on your own either or it voids the warranty. Benchmade makes good stuff, but if you have a problem and you are not LE/Military I would be cautious about sending it in to them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts