HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a M1 super 90 and love it. But it only has iron sight, not even ghost rings. I've heard people saying that I can drill a few holes on top of the gun and put a rail on it. I want my eotech on top of that gun. Is it safe to do so?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Eotech's have been recalled for being junk. If you drill it, then it will obstruct the sights. Leave it be.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Unless your Benelli is pretty beat up, I'd leave it alone. If it's in nice shape, an HK marked, preban gun I wouldn't drill and tap it. That's a fairly collectable firearm you have. Benelli markets quite a few newer models that have the rail factory mounted. Shop around. I bet you could even find a reasonably priced used one. my 2 cents...

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
The older Benelli's (like the HK imported) like to stay light; start hanging a bunch of weight on it and it will retard the inertia system and fail to operate with lighter loads that were on the limit of operation. If you're a big 'ol ogre that only shoots magnum or full power loads, then kiss that EOTech goodbye...ours couldn't hack it on 12ga less-lethal loads.

Assuming you do it right (Are you capable of doing this to an aluminum receiver?)...you'll kill any resale value on the gun.

TL;DR: Don't do it.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Don't do it. Listen to firemancjack.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I have the same gun. Mine has ghost ring sights. I recommend those if you want to change out. I also have a weapon light that pretty much illuminates where the pattern will strike (if that makes sense). In other words, an Eotech is probably not necessary anyway.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright guys, I won't drill holes on it then.
BTW, the ghost ring version is different I believe.
Mine look like this:

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
You can install this Burris SpeedBead mount and add a Fastfire for a small and light footprint red dot sight:

SpeedBead? Mounts | Burris Optics

I have also seen these mounted for an optics option without drilling and tapping the weapon:

AIMTECH SHOTGUN SCOPE MOUNT | Brownells

They are both relatively inexpensive options to try optics on the M1 without damaging or altering it.
Your results may vary, good luck!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Omg, that speedbead mount looks like just what I need. Thank you !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have 2 - 1 is an unmodified HK marked m1s90. One is a factory sbs hk marked m1s90. I had the sbs drilled and tapped and attached a Scalarworks rmr rail (meant for a Benelli M4, but works perfectly). I put an rmr01 on it and called it a day. Works great and it's better on my eyes than the bead sight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts