HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imagine last September, as in '06 purchasing the new Bennelli Super Nova 12 gauge shot gun with the hopes of their soon to be released cantilevered rifled slug barrel to go deer hunting with. After waiting 4 months Cabelas has them advertised with a back order date of Feb. 07. I'll wait. Called March, they said new back order date June. Called July 1, new back order date December 07. Holy f%@()%#&*(^& [email protected]$^ I said to myself and maybe out loud. Brand new shot gun coming up on a year old. No barrel. No deer.

Just today Cabelas called and said my order has been cancelled.

Has anyone come across this barrel? Please don't say that this optional barrel comes under some f(*#$!_ing importation ban crap.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Benelli has absolutely no relationship with HK-USA. You did know that didn't you? That relationship ended years ago and currently the HK shotgun line is being filled by FabArms. IMO they should go back to Benelli but nobody asked me.
Have you tried ordering the barrel direct from Benelli-USA? That might be your best choice because I know HK does not handle Benelli products any more. HK said as much in a similar question asked them on the HK-USA forum site.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have an E.R. Shaw slug barrel on my SBE. Just wondering if he makes slug barrels for the Nova model also??

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
You probably already learned this.. but if not, then let me share.

Bennelli had amazing issues in both demand and QA with the most recent batch of slug barrels for all of their guns. The demand was high and QA was low which resulted in the cantileaver part of the barrel being defective and sub-par. There was a significant recall. My gun guy told me that Bennelli had to completely remove all product from the market.

I havent heard recently about an update..

Good luck,

Huntersdad

·
Registered
2 Posts
You probably already learned this.. but if not, then let me share.

Bennelli had amazing issues in both demand and QA with the most recent batch of slug barrels for all of their guns. The demand was high and QA was low which resulted in the cantileaver part of the barrel being defective and sub-par. There was a significant recall. My gun guy told me that Bennelli had to completely remove all product from the market.

I havent heard recently about an update..

Good luck,

Huntersdad
I know this is old, but are you referring to the E.R.Shaw barrels? Or to the Benelli barrels? Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts