HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a .22 for saving money while practicing. Who makes a reliable .22 clone that has all the same operation and controls as a real mp5?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FYI my full size has an SEF pack so it would be nice to have the safety travel a similar distance from S to F on the .22

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have a GSG-5 but its a very early one and its a great little rifle and I have the UMAREX MP5A5 and the MP5SD6 and I have to say I like that little GSG the most of the 3

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why is the GSG your favorite?

What is the significance of it being an "early one"

Is there a large difference in the cost of the magazines between these different platforms?

·
Registered
539 Posts
The GSG no longer looks to much that close to an MP5. I dont like the stock on the umarex it don't feel to strong I am going to try a fixed stock on them sometime

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nat91683,

The A2 fixed stock you just might like as a couple of friends have put them on their Umarex's MP5-A5's as they did not like the collapsible stock that came on them. One of them really likes the fixed stock as it is slightly longer in length as well so the weapon ends up fitting him even better as he is a big big guy! lol

·
Registered
419 Posts
The GSG no longer looks to much that close to an MP5. I dont like the stock on the umarex it don't feel to strong I am going to try a fixed stock on them sometime
I just picked up a newer GSG 522MP5SD and they now offer a "conversion kit" for to the GSG5 (early model). I plan on picking one of those up as well.

·
Registered
566 Posts
The Umarex MP5 is better built than the GSG5. The current GSG has been lawyer-ized to no longer resemble an MP5 in the ways that make it....well, an MP5. The GSG (in my experience) was more ammo picky and less reliable. The retractable stock on either one is awfully short but I am a tall guy. I'd pick the Umarex every time.

·
Registered
563 Posts
my gsg-5 has always been a piece of junk . i never seemed to get through a whole mag without a ftf or fte . i did the firing pin mod and checked out the mags and its actually gotten worse lately. there is alot of aesthetic upgrades for it . and after changing out the furniture for real stuff if feels great but at the end of the day its garbage

1 - 13 of 13 Posts