HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to place a suppressor order and want to add one for my PDW. I already have an MK-9K and love it. Is there anything else I should consider? Opinions are valued....

Thanks
Paul

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Go with a multimount. I have an AAC three lug on my MP-5 and really like it just wish I would have had a multimount option when I bought it so I could use it on multiple 9mm platforms.

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For me personally I don't plan or need to use this on any other weapon, got that covered. Just looking for the best "single tasker".

·
Registered
482 Posts
I bought an Gemtech MK9K and have loved it from the first time I used it. I have run it on a MP5K and it really quiets the report. The only other can I would consider would be the Gemtech Multimount,lots of options for suppressor hosts. YMMV,Ronnie.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I love my SWR Trident 9. It is a subgun can that performs well on a pistol when needed. It is very quiet on the HK or clone 9mm platform. Mine is a MKE 94k SBR

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
You already own, IMHO, the best 3-lug can available for 9mm. If you plan to go up to .40 S&W or 10mm Auto in the MP5 series, I would highly recommend the Raptor 40. It has a 3-lug mount for that will work on .40 caliber guns. The Raptor 40 has a full auto rating for 10mm. With a change of the "piston" (Gemtech term for the part of the mount that goes over the muzzle) the can could also be used with 9mm 3-lug barrels. To me, I find the deeper tone of the MK9K quieter than the Raptor series. I bought my Raptor 40 during the "Gem-Tax" promotion. Gemtech paid my Form 4 transfer tax transferring the can to me. Good luck with your PDW can project.

Scott

·
Registered
806 Posts
You already own, IMHO, the best 3-lug can available for 9mm. If you plan to go up to .40 S&W or 10mm Auto in the MP5 series, I would highly recommend the Raptor 40. It has a 3-lug mount for that will work on .40 caliber guns. The Raptor 40 has a full auto rating for 10mm. With a change of the "piston" (Gemtech term for the part of the mount that goes over the muzzle) the can could also be used with 9mm 3-lug barrels. To me, I find the deeper tone of the MK9K quieter than the Raptor series. I bought my Raptor 40 during the "Gem-Tax" promotion. Gemtech paid my Form 4 transfer tax transferring the can to me. Good luck with your PDW can project.

Scott
what he said, I have a SWR octane 9 and I like it but the mk9 and mk9k are by far quieter. Good luck

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My ears love the MK9K.....I'm just searching for options that sound as good and don't look like a 2 liter pop bottle....:)...I'm probably searching for a unicorn....

·
Registered
532 Posts
Get an AAC Ti-rant 9mm, its more durable than the multimount and sounds better. While you are waiting on the transfer, get the 3 lug mount that may be released mid may.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
My ears love the MK9K.....I'm just searching for options that sound as good and don't look like a 2 liter pop bottle....:)...I'm probably searching for a unicorn....
+1. To me function out weighs esthetics. I have both a .40 MK9K (Dr. Dater told me Gemtech only built a few) and a Raptor 40. The Raptor weighs less but because the MK9K is shorter they feel about the same weight mounted to the the same gun. To me the MK9K sounds a little quieter because of the deeper tone. But that is just how I perceive it. YMMV.

Scott

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Get an AAC Ti-rant 9mm, its more durable than the multimount and sounds better. While you are waiting on the transfer, get the 3 lug mount that may be released mid may.
I have a Ti-Rant 9 and before I called you crazy I went out today and tested it with several bystanders.....It is pretty close to the sound of my MK-9K to our ears.....Of course we had the delay of changing supressors between shots. I'm not sure we could pick a winner, it was that close on this day.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If it is going to be dedicated to a single task and not used on other weapons needing adapters, don't overlook the YHM Wraith XL ... good price, good specs, good performance.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Late last year I'd decided on a Raptor. I placed an order with my dealer at the end of the year. Gemtech said they'd have it built in Jan. In late Jan they stalled again. In March I emailed them and they said 60-90 days. This week I had my dealer call them and they finally admitted "we don't know when they'll be built" so I cancelled my order.

I feel like I got shrike'd and am now on the search for a non-Gemtech 3 lug can.

FWIW.

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Late last year I'd decided on a Raptor. I placed an order with my dealer at the end of the year. Gemtech said they'd have it built in Jan. In late Jan they stalled again. In March I emailed them and they said 60-90 days. This week I had my dealer call them and they finally admitted "we don't know when they'll be built" so I cancelled my order.

I feel like I got shrike'd and am now on the search for a non-Gemtech 3 lug can.

FWIW.

i'm in the same boat as you. After talking to Gemtech I'm not so sure I would receive a MK-9K anytime soon. I think they said it would be 6 month before they received the metal that they need to build it. Maybe time to consider second best option?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Maybe time to consider second best option?
After dealing with their customer service I'm glad (other than the wasted months) that I'll be getting someone else's product. The only reason I went with their can was to run an IR laser out the end of the cocking tube. I knew it would fit around their can. I'll have to get some measurements to see if it'll fit on another can.

Good luck with the search!

·
Registered
155 Posts
For 3 lug attachment, I use an AAC Striker II but on the PDW I would suggest a KAC Navy. It is not 3 lug, but better performance and a great balance when mounted.

·
Registered
342 Posts
i run a raptor on my mp5kpdw and love it . i have used a 3 lug adapter on other weapons including a lage m11, glock 18, and an ar 9mm and got good results.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts