HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any advice? I just picked one up the other day

also, where to buy +P ammo? any sources on the boards or anyone looking to liquidate please PM me

thanks in advance

·
Registered
141 Posts
whatever ammo you got!!!! seriously,mine eats any kind. i had to go to a big town to find +P ammo. your mark 23 will function on any ammo you feed it. shoot and enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I would be interested to know which ammo is best for use with a can. I know the KAC OHG specifies 1911 ball ammo, but what commercial 230gr FMJ loads are close to that spec? I know WWB is underpowered.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
The Mark23 will eat anything you feed it!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is there any preferable ammo with a suppressor?

how does the MK23 perform with the KAC and CCF Impuls II and sound suppressed?

thanks guys, I appreciate your pearls of wisdom

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
My Mark 23 will feed and function fine with any ammo type I run in it. That includes when I use it with my SWR HEMS 2 attached. Without the suppressor I have found that a 185 gr. +P round will give slightly better accuracy but that could be due to the rounds lighter weight and higher velocity.

Nonetheless, you shouldn't have a problem running any type of ammo through your Mark 23 either suppressed or unsuppressed.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Agreed with all above...I have YET to find a type of ammo this won't feed, with or with out a can...it's an amazing handgun!! I have taken it out and fired several hundred rounds in all kinds of conditions, on many occasions, not a single glitch, EVER...!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, it just ate alot of winchester out of Kmart's plastic case for groups at 20-25 yds smaller than the palm of my hand which is thumbs up in my book.

After reading reviews by authors with extended history on the MK23 and my hands on experience, this just took priority status as my personal field gun.

Does anyone sell Nightsights for it? or do mods to fit the HK Trijicon sights to the slide?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
My mark23 fired American Eagle the most accuratly, but didn't falter with S&B, WWB (except the stupid deformed round... it looks nasty when it came out... only jam i've ever had, in the first 50 rounds too!) or any of my reloaded stuff (which i may add im quite a stickler for making sure it works good)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Does anyone sell Nightsights for it? or do mods to fit the HK Trijicon sights to the slide?
Tirjicon does not:

Thank you for contacting Trijicon Inc. Unfortunately we are not offering replacement sights for your application. You may want to contact our recommended specialty shop Tooltech Gunsight (248)628-1811 www.tooltechgunsight.com They are able to install our lamps into your existing sights.

However, Meprolight has a set listed in their catalog. I may order a set.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts