HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to purchase RA9TA, but the current high prices and the fact that it does always not work well in every P7M8 has me looking for something else; any suggestions for reliable and clean P7M8 ammo which can be purchased in 500-1000 round discount prices would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Before I started reloading I liked ammotogo, do a google search for them. They have decent prices, but the shipping can sometimes be high. I like Blazer Brass, American Eagle, Federal Champ, Speer Lawman, WWB, and Rem UMC; all clean and do a good job.

BTW: I'll dispose of your brass, no charge!

·
Registered
35 Posts
get brass...i had to send my P7 back recently and the tech there said they like brass best...anything else and YMMV...

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Check th slickguns website (google slickguns) and do a search for 9mm ammo. I ended up paying 179 delivered per 1k for the last batch I picked up about a month ago. That was a pretty decent deal, the ammo was sellier & bellot.

·
Banned
188 Posts
I'm a big fan of Geco 124gr, but they have a partial steel jacket so some in door ranges may not allow it. Pretty clean and accurate stuff for a good price. Swiss I believe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Speer #53824 (124gr) is similar to Gold Dot (weight, velocity, recoil - but is not as expensive to manufacture as the Gold Dot hollow points), and has a TMJ (Total metal jacket - at the bottom too) and a primer without bad stuff to breath or get into the P7M8. It costs about half of Gold Dot. After lubing with Slip 2000 EWL, 2 boxes went bang every time. After the session there was just the slightest bit of carbon on the piston, and almost no "stuff" in the works. But I cleaned / lubed it again - consider me a "nut" I enjoy cleaning / lubing my firearms. I also soak the piston in Slip 2000 "Carbon Killer" and wipe with a soft cloth. I get a case of 1000 from Ammoman.com for 279 Delivered. That's under 14$ per box of 50.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've been satisfied with the Aguila 124gr I got from sgammo. Functions flawlessly, burns pretty clean and is accurate out of my USP.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I've been satisfied with the Aguila 124gr I got from sgammo. Functions flawlessly, burns pretty clean and is and it pretty accurate out of my USP.
+1

Shoots great in my P7's and USP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts