HKPRO Forums banner

best ct suppressor

6K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  Tactical Shooter 
#1 ·
does anyone have any reccomendations for a suppressor for the HK usp compact tactical 45
thanks

#6 ·
I've heard the same. With the way my luck runs, the Gemtech wouldn't work on my pistol...I'll end up with a very expensive paper weight,

I'm looking at boostered cans for that very reason. IMO, better to have and not need than to not have.

The SWR HEMSII and the AAC evo look pretty good.

#7 ·
Get either the SWR or the AAC. I have the Blackside, I use it both on my CT and my fullsize. I can positively state that it ABSOLUTELY needs a booster to cycle the pistol unless you plan on taking a full cleaning kit to the range and cleaning your pistol every 75 rounds.

When I asked Gemtech about it, they stated that it was my problem, and it works on their pistol so their suppressor obviously wasn't the problem. That's great and all, but there are enough people who have pistols ranging from $2000 1911's to $400 Glocks that do not function reliably with their suppressor. The idea that not only would I be forced to change parts out of my pistol (oh, buy a lighter recoil spring that will ruin your gun if you shoot unsuppressed), which comes from the factory ready for a suppressor, but that they refused to believe that there is a problem with their product ("No, we have absolutely no plans to introduce a booster, and don't forsee it happening, our suppressor doesn't have any problems.") just doesn't sit well with me. At least recognize that there are problems with your design.

Oh, it's also louder than either the SWR or the AAC.

#10 ·
Get either the SWR or the AAC. I have the Blackside, I use it both on my CT and my fullsize. I can positively state that it ABSOLUTELY needs a booster to cycle the pistol unless you plan on taking a full cleaning kit to the range and cleaning your pistol every 75 rounds.

When I asked Gemtech about it, they stated that it was my problem, and it works on their pistol so their suppressor obviously wasn't the problem. /snip/.
Ah, so not only do they produce a quality suppressor, but their customer service is A#1 too?!

Thanks, this post combined with what I've already read, takes Gemtech completely out of the search.

The SWR HEMSII looks to be my choice...of course the AAC can is darn nice too.

decisions decisions.:D

#9 · (Edited)
JohnnyC, what ammo do you use??
I sold four of the Blackside and none of those customer has any problems.
One runs it on a 1911 Kimber and he had a hard time getting a barrel, but the others have NO problem at all!
Also, it sounds more like you called ACC then Gemtech, they usually have the PO attitude!

#11 ·
You name it I've tried it. I've tried everything from low weight rounds to hot +P stuff. Can works great for about 50 rounds then it starts to stovepipe, fails to fully extract the case from the chamber, etc. If i take the can off the pistol has no problems. If I clean the pistol it works fine for another 50 to 75 rounds. There are a couple other guys that I see at the range occasionally that have the same problems, one on a Sig and the other on a 1911. Dude with the 1911 has tried 3 different barrels, making sure they're all broken in too, so that's not the issue, unless it takes 2500 rounds to break in a barrel.

As far as the customer service goes, I've been less than thrilled. AAC seems to be making a turnaround as far as their CS goes. I've heard quite a few stories of their CS going above and beyond, even to the point of replacing a Gemtech HVT with one of their 762SD's for free because Gemtech told the dude to go pound sand. Still, no one beats SWR for CS though.

#12 ·
I don't have any suppressors... yet. However, after reading every message board and searching all the forums I could in a matter of a month or two, I ended up going with the SWR HEMS-II myself. Just got the word from the dealer I got it from that the transfer to my dealer was approved and he should be receiving it this week.

I read good things about the can (enough to win my purchase over the others) and good things about the company. That, plus the fact I can change the booster / LID / etc to go on my Mark 23 as well as a Tactical (when I get one) or any other .45 was a plus too. It's moderately priced as well.

The only exception I would have made would have been for the Knight's suppressor would I have had the money and patience to find one.

#17 ·
Haha, was the "It does work" for my benefit? I'm not sure what point you're trying to prove, but my Blackside does not function reliably after between 50 and 75 rounds. I'm glad yours works, mine doesn't. My experience is not uncommon either. What medium were you using in your can? Lithium grease? That was smoking an awful lot.

#21 ·
I'm getting an Impuls II from CCF in Va.
It has the booster. Also, HK tells me they will only honor the warranty if a suppressor is used if it's Knights or the B&T Impuls II.
How they would be able to tell which suppressor the customer had unless he tells them is beyond me......

#22 ·
Having owned and or fired each can under consideration allow me to humbly recommend SWR HEMS2 followed by CCF Impuls IIA followed by AAC EVO.

I would avoid anything without a booster. To answer the other question regarding HK's ability to tell which can you used - they can't unless their told.

#25 ·
Malysh,

HK only warrants the KAC and B&T, that is true.

CCF used to have a license to produce the Implus IIa here in the states under the name B&T (licensed by B&T). Since then, CCF and B&T have parted ways. I believe that CCF still has some suppressors with the B&T name on them in stock. I also believe (but I could be wrong) that HK will warrant those suppressors, but I doubt they will warrant any CCF suppressor without the B&T licensing.

You see... HK warrants B&T in Europe and KAC in the states... And for a short while, CCF made B&T marked Impuls IIa's. But true European B&T suppressors cannot be imported into the US for transfer to individuals... they must be made domestically... which cannot occur any more since CCF and B&T no longer have a license agreement.

Clear as mud?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.