HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Id like to keep the barrel and barrel hood wear on a KG Mark 23 (shiny) to a minimum

My friend tells me to go to Walmart and buy Mobil 1 but im skeptical....

Whats the best lube to slow down this wear? Links are Awesome!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
You will not stop the wear of the barrel hood and the barrel unless you don't shoot it. I use Slip EWL on my guns, and have been very happy with it.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Damn.... is there any way to reduce it?
I'm not being a sarcastic when I say this, but if it gets shot it will show wear. I have heard of folks using grease, motor oil, and other lubes with the hope of reducing the marks. The lube is there only to reduce friction and keep the parts happy-it will not stop the finish from coming off.

I would look at it this way: So many folks have safe queens, and collection guns. Nothing wrong with this at all if your objective is to collect the things for whatever the reason. Others want the experience of shooting the guns and the knowledge gained from shooting them. This causes wear and tear on the gun. Nothing but signs that the gun has served it's purpose in life. If it's going to bother you, then I suggest not shooting it or buying a second one to keep perfect. Either way, enjoy the ride with the HK's.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
What's the best lube? The blood and tears of your enemies I say!! Hehehe

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see.... Well Ultimately I have decided that I am going to deflower this Mark 23.... I was just wondering if there was any way to slow it down...

Now I am just wondering if there is any way to objectively determine what is the best lubricant.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Apollo11 is right.....and having said that I picked up a KF USP 45 that had a lot of holster wear ( it was an LE patrol gun). The deputy who carried it told me he carried it on duty for 14 years but estimated no more then 6000 rounds through the gun as he pretty much just qualified with it. I bought it so it could be my beater while I kept my BB USP 45 looking pristine. Funny thing is I think I actually prefer the way the holster wear looks. I've been debating between oil and grease for the frame rails and barrel to slide contacts. Opinions on grease?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Slip EWL is good stuff for most parts and slide rails. TW25b grease is good for barrels as everything else evaporates when it gets hot enough.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Slip EWL is good stuff for most parts and slide rails. TW25b grease is good for barrels as everything else evaporates when it gets hot enough.
I used to also use the same grease on the barrel and noticed that things were so much dirtier then with a LIGHT coat of EWL. The TW burns off too, but both leave a thin film even when they look dry.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The only product that touches my guns is Weapon Shield. I swear by the stuff. Bill
Im sure weapons shield is great for the hammer and trigger assembly but from what i read in that article you are best served by using a thin grease on high stress areas like your slide rails....

Im not sure... I am learning this as I go

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
You guys don't know shat. . . the very best thing to lube a firearm with is undoubtedly bacon grease. Man has been usin' it for hundreds of years to lube stuff. HKs luv it. Plus, the best part is that it helps you work up a good appetite when it cooks off yer barrel after a long string of shots. M' granpappy swore by it, an' so do I. . . Nothin better.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You guys don't know shat. . . the very best thing to lube a firearm with is undoubtedly bacon grease. Man has been usin' it for hundreds of years to lube stuff. HKs luv it. Plus, the best part is that it helps you work up a good appetite when it cooks off yer barrel after a long string of shots. M' granpappy swore by it, an' so do I. . . Nothin better.
No thanks my cholesterol is probably already high!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts