HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to improve my USP and figured this was the best place to ask . It's just a high round count two-tone right now , stock except for the sights .

What can I swap in for trigger goodies and/or what mods seem to work best for this pistol ?

I wouldnt mind going with a longer compensated barrel either if it wasnt ridiculous expensive . . . . . .

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I am a fan of the "tactical" trigger, or converting to LEM with an over travel set screw installed. That's about the only change I would make, that gun is outstanding as is.

·
Registered
783 Posts
different sights? adjustable target sights? novak sights? Apollo already mentioned a trigger job... but my take on it is: if it ain't broke, don't' fix it. I understand though the desire to upgrade... put a new spin on an old favorite without having to go out and buy a totally different gun.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I got a used full size USP .45 five years ago, gently used ... the previous owner polished the hood of the barrel to remove the blue from it. So I sent it to Virgil Tripp for Cobra Chrome on the slide/barrel/slide stop, new night sights, and installed some DecalGrips. I could have just got some cold blue and re-finished the barrel myself, along with the night sights/grips. I dont care for WML's, now the SA trigger breaks at around 4.5 lbs after approx 3K rounds. Really all a USP may need is nightsights(Some guys dont even like those), and a smoother trigger(that comes with a few thousand rounds), I just keep buying ammo for mine! =)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am a fan of the "tactical" trigger, or converting to LEM with an over travel set screw installed. That's about the only change I would make, that gun is outstanding as is.
Pardon my stupidity , but LEM ? Law Enforcement Model or ??

·
Registered
195 Posts
My next upgrades for my USP .45 will be Night Sights, the Match Trigger Kit and extended Mag Release. Good luck with your next upgrades if you choose to go that route.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are all the springs good as is , or should I replace the recoil ?

Wolf or ??

The pistol has at LEAST 1500-1800 rds through her Im guessing by the wear .

·
Super Moderator
6,046 Posts
My USP45 got a Match trigger and HK45c mag release. Both great mods.

And yes all of the stock springs are great. You can also get factory made springs to replace pull weights for the LEM if you want to. DA/SA will be stock or the match trigger. Recoil spring wise, I found it best not to mess with them, the stock runs great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts