HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently purchased a p2000sk v3 .357sig and looking to put night sights on it. i see trijicon sights are like $140 while meprolight sights are only $80 i have trijicon sights on my glock 23 and on my work gun sig p226 so i know they are good. just wondering why such a price difference if the sights are basically the same or if there is a better pair of sights out there?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have Meps on my P2000Sk and all of my other pistols and they work great for me. I had Trijicons on my USPc at one time and I can honestly tell no difference between them and the Meps other than the price. I just got some yellow rear/green front Meps for my Sig P228 and I really like the contrast. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I have had both Meprolight and Trijicon sites and I prefer the Meprolights. They seem much brighter and the price difference between the two is an added plus.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I like the Trijicons on my Glocks, but I wouldn't put them on my HK's. I like the Tru-Dots I have on my USPc. These seem to work/look better to me on the USP because the rear sights are higher than the Glocks allowing room for bigger dots than the Trijicons.

Keep in mind Trijicon warranties their lamps for 12 years against failure or dimming.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Meps on all mine and I love em

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
how long do meprolights or trudots last for? is it the same as trijicon or less?
I don't know what Trijicon's warranty is, but Tritium has a half-life of twelve years, regardless of brand of course. I have Mepros, I believe they have a ten year warranty. Works for me.

AWD

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got Mepro s on mine. I like them cause the tritiums are bigger than Trijicons. Also, the white ring outline is sealed so it wont discolor or rub off like Trijicons.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I prefer meps. trijicons are a little "sharper" but the dots are smaller. also the white rings are painted on-they can be removed. With meps the white ring you see is the edge of a silicon ring around the tritium behind a lens or epoxy so solvent won't/can't remove it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts